Sync option for Brake Coach - how does this work?

arkv

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi Experts,

I have turned on the option to show the Brake Coach and also use One-Pedal. As per the "help text" some info should pop up on the instrument display that shows braking efficiency. I am maybe misunderstanding this statement, but I have not seen any "coaching" in the last 3 weeks that I have been driving my Mach E Select AWD.

Also, I am not able to find any version of which OTA updates are applied to my car. Mine is a Feb 2021 build. Thanks for the tips in advance!
Sponsored

Gatorwilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White premium mach e
Occupation
ret.
Country flag
Hi Experts,

I have turned on the option to show the Brake Coach and also use One-Pedal. As per the "help text" some info should pop up on the instrument display that shows braking efficiency. I am maybe misunderstanding this statement, but I have not seen any "coaching" in the last 3 weeks that I have been driving my Mach E Select AWD.

Also, I am not able to find any version of which OTA updates are applied to my car. Mine is a Feb 2021 build. Thanks for the tips in advance!
Try turning off one pedal.. Brake coach should show up.. WW

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I think it only works in "engage" mode. I remember seeing it during test drive while using one pedal driving.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
I think it only works in "engage" mode. I remember seeing it during test drive while using one pedal driving.
Engage with One Pedal off is the only time I have seen it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Correct. Only displays in Engage mode. 1PD on or off doesn't matter. Will also appear even when using ACC and the vehicle comes to a complete stop.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I am hoping that we will eventually get an OTA so that it displays in Whisper mode as well! This would be nice to have after the other quirks are fixed first!!

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Not related to break coach, but I want to ask anyway: if I use Wisper 2PD, then switch to Unbridled and select 1PD, what happens if I select Wisper again? 1PD or 2PD?

I want to use W2PD when getting in and out of garage, and maybe on residential road, but U1PD everywhere else, so do I need to make two changes every time or only one? Or the whole concept is stupid and after getting 1PD habits no-one has needs or desires to go back to 2PD?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not related to break coach, but I want to ask anyway: if I use Wisper 2PD, then switch to Unbridled and select 1PD, what happens if I select Wisper again? 1PD or 2PD?

I want to use W2PD when getting in and out of garage, and maybe on residential road, but U1PD everywhere else, so do I need to make two changes every time or only one? Or the whole concept is stupid and after getting 1PD habits no-one has needs or desires to go back to 2PD?
I believe 1PD is independent of the drive modes. 1PD setting isn't affected by drive mode changes or vice versa.

Have you tried Whisper and L?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I keep my vehicle in one pedal drive mode all the time. Even when moving the car in or out of my tight garage. It's great.

One pedal drive on or off is an independent selection from drive modes (Whisper, Engage, Unbridled).

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Big fan of 1PD, took about 2 seconds for me to get used to it. I always felt the brake pedal was just a bit too touchy for me

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag

How many drivers do you have? Because, you could set a secondary profile to use whisper and 2 pedal. I believe both of those are per profile settings.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't think I tried it at all.

What does it do?
The drive modes make the accelerator pedal more or less sensitive depending on the setting. Whisper least sensitive, Unbridled more sensitive. When lifting off accelerator, there is no regen in Whisper and most in Unbridled. Other things change too, such as more or less steering resistance and more or less optical stimulants in the display screens and audible stimulants in the sound system.

1PD is a separate setting that some users like and others not so much. I find it jerky and upsetting but others love it. Neither setting is more or less efficient for our application so whatever you like is fine.

L mode does not apply if using 1PD because it would be redundant in that mode. When 1PD is off, L mode is near maximum regen when lifting off the accelerator.

For my usage, I find 1PD very exhausting and my right leg cramps up after a while and I have to squirm in my seat or constantly adjust my driving position. But I do like how 1PD reduces the frequency of moving my foot off the accelerator to the brake pedal and vice versa. If I am taking a short trip then 1PD is fine but longer drives is tiring for me so L is a happy compromise for me.

I leave 1PD off and use L for surface streets and then D for freeway driving. Switching back and forth between the two settings is quick and easy and you don't even have to take your eyes off the road. Just feel for the center button and toggle on or off.

I like using L for freeway exits, parking garages, stop and go traffic etc.

I drive in Engage mostly but sometimes I use Whisper if I am in the mood. I rarely use Unbridled because I don't like the graphics or heavy steering.

Ford gives us lots of good choices to fit our own preferences. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
How many drivers do you have? Because, you could set a secondary profile to use whisper and 2 pedal. I believe both of those are per profile settings.
Good idea. Just keep in mind you have to be stationary to switch profiles with the door buttons. Would work for the OPS needs though....

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Good idea. Just keep in mind you have to be stationary to switch profiles with the door buttons. Would work for the OPS needs though....
Pro Tip:
You can also make the side mirrors point down in that profile if you want, for help parking if you’re one of the people (das me) that don’t fully trust the 360° camera view while parking.
Sponsored