alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I think that's the limit of charging options.
Thank you, I think so too.
So if I set a schedule to charge before and after the weekends (Friday and Sunday nights), but then need to charge unexpectedly in the middle of the week - what are my options? Do I need to modify my schedule, or can override it somehow with "charge it now" command?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sorry to hear this happened, but thanks for manning up and letting us know about it @JohnnyForensic

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thank you, I think so too.
So if I set a schedule to charge before and after the weekends (Friday and Sunday nights), but then need to charge unexpectedly in the middle of the week - what are my options? Do I need to modify my schedule, or can override it somehow with "charge it now" command?
On your FordPass app, there's a button that lets you charge to 100% on demand.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Sorry to hear this happened, but thanks for manning up and letting us know about it @JohnnyForensic
I live in a house with my wife and four daughters (and son). In the words of Spock, "You proceed under a false assumption. I have no ego (left) to bruise."

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
Much better than the guy who pulled into his garage with his Model X door open. Now that was painful to watch. So painful I had to watch it several times.
Just as good as the one where the trunk auto releases in the car wash and destroys the trunk lid

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Probably not, to be honest. It's pretty temperate right now where I am. IF IT HAS A FEATURE I WANT TO USE IT. Sigh. It's a condition.
Well if the cover popping off to keep from denting the car is a feature, now you've used that one.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ouch, well glad it did not cause more damage, it defiantly could had. I'm kind of surprised that the car lets you take it out of park with the door open. I know I have accidently left mine open once or twice, but I'm pretty good with checking my dash before putting the car in reverse. Goes back to the days when I used to drive commercial trucks.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Ouch, well glad it did not cause more damage, it defiantly could had. I'm kind of surprised that the car lets you take it out of park with the door open. I know I have accidently left mine open once or twice, but I'm pretty good with checking my dash before putting the car in reverse. Goes back to the days when I used to drive commercial trucks.
Could you image driving down the freeway and seeing the door pop open as the car shifts to park and destroys the parking pawl they used in the motors!?!? Maybe they realized a parking lockout for this was a bad idea... :)

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
...and yes, I absolutely need to change my method of "unplug, holster charger, close charge port door" to "unplug, close charge port door, and holster charger."
Unfortunately as a long term (20 years) EV driver you will forget that darn door more than few times. I can guarantee it. The only way to avoid is to permanently change your driving behaviors and your garage.

At one of my houses the garage is very tight so I have little table tennis balls on wands that I precisely locate my car so I can charge, everyone can open doors AND when I pull out leaving the door open I will miss the pillar! I park my car within an inch every single time there. It second nature, never vary.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Photos please! We need to see the damage to appreciate it !

First Name
Reiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Match-E, 2013 Scion FR-S
Occupation
Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Country flag
We werenā€™t as lucky ? Had a rough day of meetings at work, decided to get some boba to wind down, but on the way out, our 9 month old was crying up a storm. We were charging prior and I didnā€™t close the charge port door as firmly as I should.

Backed out of the garage and next thing we knew, heard a loud cracking sound. Sure thing enough the charge port case was on the floor while the panel it attached to was fine. Thatā€™s when I started to learn about the charge port door more than I wanted to.

Multiple quotes (some north of $1500) and a visit to a Caliber Collision later, we ended up paying for it out of pocket at around $500 mostly for PDR, a new panel (because the pin for the previous one completely broke off see pics), and to match the RR paint.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Taking one for the Team" or "How I Killed My Charge Port Door" 36BDFD91-C95D-4A66-84C4-BE07395FD156

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Taking one for the Team" or "How I Killed My Charge Port Door" 20497C89-D282-424E-B647-5A3716C87FC6

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Taking one for the Team" or "How I Killed My Charge Port Door" A8C62AE0-3473-45BC-812A-57907C845C9A

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Taking one for the Team" or "How I Killed My Charge Port Door" 3266A757-7D16-46B7-9743-7749255736B3

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your problem with the Charge Port door. I was getting ready go to the dealer and I disconnected the charge station like I always do and closed the charge port door. I am careful to make sure the door is closed. I got the message "Charge Port Door Ajar" while I was traveling 60 MPH on a state highway about 10 minutes into my trip. I pulled off to the side on to the shoulder and yup the door had come open. The road was smooth. It has not happened since.

OP
OP
JohnnyForensic

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
We werenā€™t as lucky ? Had a rough day of meetings at work, decided to get some boba to wind down, but on the way out, our 9 month old was crying up a storm. We were charging prior and I didnā€™t close the charge port door as firmly as I should.

Backed out of the garage and next thing we knew, heard a loud cracking sound. Sure thing enough the charge port case was on the floor while the panel it attached to was fine. Thatā€™s when I started to learn about the charge port door more than I wanted to.

Multiple quotes (some north of $1500) and a visit to a Caliber Collision later, we ended up paying for it out of pocket at around $500 mostly for PDR, a new panel (because the pin for the previous one completely broke off see pics), and to match the RR paint.

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Taking one for the Team" or "How I Killed My Charge Port Door" 3266A757-7D16-46B7-9743-7749255736B3

YIKES!

I will consider myself very lucky then to have no perceptible damage.

Also, the port door cover and the snap-catches on your port door look the same, so I guess maybe this isnā€™t a new design and I did just, in fact, get extremely, extremely lucky.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I was just going for the easy joke in my first reply. I do really feel bad for you having this happen after it being so new
Sponsored