RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
Ok, no sticky or anything in recent search shows where we are tax credit #'s at this time. Seems important to most.
Where are we for the quarter and $7500?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The consensus is that Ford will hit 200K in Q3. That means full $7500 for the rest of this year, with tapering to begin in Q1 2023.

Some have speculated that if Ford is close to the limit late in Q3, they might hold cars back to delay hitting the limit until Q4, but I highly doubt that happens.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many threads on this.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The consensus is that Ford will hit 200K in Q3. That means full $7500 for the rest of this year, with tapering to begin in Q1 2023.

Some have speculated that if Ford is close to the limit late in Q3, they might hold cars back to delay hitting the limit until Q4, but I highly doubt that happens.
Yep. At this tick of the clock, assuming Ford hits the 200,000 sales in US cap in 2022Q3, it looks like all the 2022MY MME built units could be shipped and "sold" before 31 Dec 2022 thus qualifying for the full $7500 tax credit. All 2023MY and any converted 2022MY orders will probably encounter the $3750 tax credit next year, as you say. It still seems possible that Ford may not reach their cap until 2022Q4, which pushes these thresholds out 3months. But this could mean slowing down production and/or delaying deliveries of 2022MY MME and other Ford EV units. That's one ugly thought for someone who's waited 7 months to get scheduled, waited for a build date at 9 months, and delivery ~11 months after ordering. :(

Last edited:

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Sooo much of this is supposition because there is a big, nasty, ridiculous, lack of data….

That said, it may be hard to quantify (like about everything else) but the Q3 projection for hitting the 200,000 number was:
  1. Before known actual delivery start date and production rates of the Lighting.
  2. Before Ford had to put a Mach -E stop sale order on for the HVBJB, which, I believe was about 3-4 weeks (don’t remember the exact)
I don’t know what the original projected start sale date or production run rate was for the Lightning when the Q3 date was published.

I DO know that the original Q3 date assumed uninterrupted sale of the Mach E, which did not happen.

So, it’s not beyond reason to consider that the Q3 projection may slip to Q4.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sooo much of this is supposition because there is a big, nasty, ridiculous, lack of data….

That said, it may be hard to quantify (like about everything else) but the Q3 projection for hitting the 200,000 number was:
  1. Before known actual delivery start date and production rates of the Lighting.
  2. Before Ford had to put a Mach -E stop sale order on for the HVBJB, which, I believe was about 3-4 weeks (don’t remember the exact)
I don’t know what the original projected start sale date or production run rate was for the Lightning when the Q3 date was published.

I DO know that the original Q3 date assumed uninterrupted sale of the Mach E, which did not happen.

[/QUOTE]

Basically all of this is discoverable if one wants to take the time to go look for it.

Mach-E sales slipped, but all those cars were at dealers, got updated, and sold.

There are more than Mach-Es and Lightnings in the 200,000 number. Again, discussed often, numbers quoted elsewhere.

However, what's your question? It seems you don't understand the tax credit phase out.

"Ok, no sticky or anything in recent search shows where we are tax credit #'s at this time. Seems important to most. Where are we for the quarter and $7500?"

What are you concerned about? Regardless of whether Ford hits 200,000 in Q3 or Q4, anyone expecting delivery between now and 12/31/22 gets the full $7,500 tax credit. If Ford hits the number in Q3, then 50% credit kicks in on 1/1/23, and 25% on 7/1/23. If Ford doesn't hit 200,000 in Q3, but slips to Q4, then add 3 months to each date.

Your April 2022 order will likely get built, and delivered, this year. You will get 100% of the $7,500 tax credit, assuming you have adequate tax liability.

OP
OP

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag

Basically all of this is discoverable if one wants to take the time to go look for it.

Mach-E sales slipped, but all those cars were at dealers, got updated, and sold.

There are more than Mach-Es and Lightnings in the 200,000 number. Again, discussed often, numbers quoted elsewhere.

However, what's your question? It seems you don't understand the tax credit phase out.

"Ok, no sticky or anything in recent search shows where we are tax credit #'s at this time. Seems important to most. Where are we for the quarter and $7500?"

What are you concerned about? Regardless of whether Ford hits 200,000 in Q3 or Q4, anyone expecting delivery between now and 12/31/22 gets the full $7,500 tax credit. If Ford hits the number in Q3, then 50% credit kicks in on 1/1/23, and 25% on 7/1/23. If Ford doesn't hit 200,000 in Q3, but slips to Q4, then add 3 months to each date.

Your April 2022 order will likely get built, and delivered, this year. You will get 100% of the $7,500 tax credit, assuming you have adequate tax liability.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Again, it should be sticky on the splash page as that is important to most buyers.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag

[/QUOTE]

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tax Credit numbers? 1658942695195

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Ford will likely announce their July 2022 production numbers for all Ford vehicles (and US sales) in first week of August (next week).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tax Credit numbers? 1658944295348
Sponsored