Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
I am starting to do my 2022 taxes. Do we need to have paperwork from the dealership in regards to the EV tax credit here in California.
or do I just put this information in the tax forms, and nothing is needed from the dealer
Thanks.
Sponsored

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Great question as I will do mine soon. I was wondering the same thing but I would have the contract and or purchase agreement as the IRS will definitely ask.

My question is, do you get a credit or refund for the $7500?

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
It is a tax credit. If you only have tax liability of $5000, for example, you only get that much credit. Whether you get a refund depends on what you have paid in and your final tax liability. If you still owe over $7500 no “refund” for you but the credit will apply against what you need to pay the IRS. If you overpaid after accounting for the tax credit, you will get a refund.

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
I am starting to do my 2022 taxes. Do we need to have paperwork from the dealership in regards to the EV tax credit here in California.
or do I just put this information in the tax forms, and nothing is needed from the dealer
Thanks.
All that is needed for the Federal tax credit is your VIN. You should keep a copy of your purchase contract incase you get audited in the future.

California does not have a tax credit, but there is a rebate available through the CVRP for that you will need to submit a copy of your purchase contract.
Sponsored