Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I heard some rumors that the GT's boost might be extended to 10 seconds for the 2023 model. Since Ford likes to pretend there is nothing wrong with the car's performance and it's not even worth addressing, we will just have to wait until someone can test it and see if that got implemented. Could have been referring to a mid-2023 hardware or software update too.
Holy HVBJB that's going to be a lot of Service Vehicle Soon alerts!
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium standard range awd
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
I heard some rumors that the GT's boost might be extended to 10 seconds for the 2023 model. Since Ford likes to pretend there is nothing wrong with the car's performance and it's not even worth addressing, we will just have to wait until someone can test it and see if that got implemented. Could have been referring to a mid-2023 hardware or software update too.
Whatā€™s the best way to test this out? I saw a GPS-based drag-strip meter but I guess maybe I should research something to attach to the Mach-e to record dataā€¦ unless Ford figured out Track Mode and they put it on this thing!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
Holy HVBJB that's going to be a lot of Service Vehicle Soon alerts!
Donā€™t you think there is a heavy-duty HVBJB on the ā€˜23s?!? Not just the software fix, please!!!! šŸ«£

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Whatā€™s the best way to test this out? I saw a GPS-based drag-strip meter but I guess maybe I should research something to attach to the Mach-e to record dataā€¦ unless Ford figured out Track Mode and they put it on this thing!
Just find an on ramp and mash the accelerator. See if the grey jail bars show up after 5 seconds.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
Just find an on ramp and mash the accelerator. See if the grey jail bars show up after 5 seconds.
Oh it shows grey jail bars? Does the Premium ever do this Iā€™ve never noticed? Just sold our Premium and getting ready for our GTPE! Thanks Ford for making Dark Matter Gray basically black so I could talk my wife into this! (Prices are back to Earth on the used market no one was interested @$57k sold to Carvana for $54k, prices dropping like a rock right now)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Oh it shows grey jail bars? Does the Premium ever do this Iā€™ve never noticed? Just sold our Premium and getting ready for our GTPE! Thanks Ford for making Dark Matter Gray basically black so I could talk my wife into this! (Prices are back to Earth on the used market no one was interested @$57k sold to Carvana for $54k, prices dropping like a rock right now)
Yeah, the GTs and GTPEs have a little power meter under the battery % / range indicator in the gauge cluster display. As power is reduced for using too much for 5 seconds / cold / driving at highway speeds, little grey hash marks start appearing and blocking off the high end (right) of the power meter.

After ~5 seconds (less in the cold or lower states of charge) it will block off about 40% of the power bar.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
There wonā€™t be much different in the 23 model. They already said they wonā€™t be doing year model updates. Just as when they push them out.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
There wonā€™t be much different in the 23 model. They already said they wonā€™t be doing year model updates. Just as when they push them out.
I think fixing that overheating connector isnā€™t really a model update per se, and they could extend the updates to 20-22s too. Adding track mode to all the GTs & GTPEs makes sense, and raising those limiters.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Donā€™t you think there is a heavy-duty HVBJB on the ā€˜23s?!? Not just the software fix, please!!!! šŸ«£
I suspect the '23s will have the same Contactors that went into the late 22's and all the repaired cars. These, most likely are not engineered to sustain the full load for 10 seconds rather than the 5 that is the current limit. I have damn near zero faith that Ford did that and not just put in one that is barely above the bar. The accountants would never let that happen.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Just picked up my 23 GTPE and hoping its got upgraded connectors as well. Seems like Ford would confirm this?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Oh it shows grey jail bars? Does the Premium ever do this Iā€™ve never noticed?
Even without a power meter, itā€™s very obvious when the 5 seconds hits on a GT-PE. But the premiums do not have the limit. The maintain all the way to the 115MPH limit. (Not starting an argument folks just answering the question).

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USPS Letter Carrier
Country flag
Even without a power meter, itā€™s very obvious when the 5 seconds hits on a GT-PE. But the premiums do not have the limit. The maintain all the way to the 115MPH limit. (Not starting an argument folks just answering the question).
I donā€™t know about that, it drops off quite a bit at higher speeds, granted it doesnā€™t heat up as fast either, so that might be something different. It is true the Premium will be going faster mph at the end of the quarter mile, but it will still be trying to close the gap the GTPE opened up for the first burst of speed. Hoping updates improve this in the future.
Sponsored