Tesla 3 and Y with $3750 discount till the end of the year

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/01/t...t-for-model-3-model-y-deliveries-in-december/

Makes that MYP only a little more expensive than a similarly optioned GTPE...any recent owners with buyers remorse? :X
Always sucks to pay more than someone else, but that's how Tesla roll. Their prices go up and down throughout the year based on demand.

But the good thing with Tesla is that they honor their price when ordered, but if the price drop before you take delivery, they will adjust the price down.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The Tesla for 3/Y is now $7500 off with 10k miles free supercharging for 2 years if you take delivery in 2022. I'm sure anyone who bought earlier this year feels bad or some folks got $3750 less after this $7500 was rolled out. There is a ton of inventory I've noticed as well.

Start of 2023 will be crazy times with pricing.

I'm curious what the Bolt will be at since they may get $7500 off a $25.6k car putting it ~$18k. Add in CA state incentives and you're looking at $13.6-$16k. That's a crazy good price for a Bolt (as long as the battery fire issue is gone).

Last edited:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Dealers and Manufacturers are going to be hurting next year I think.

Telsa coming in with the 7500 discount now is going to trick a few folks. Next year they'll drop the price of the cars on top of the tax credit being available.

Don't get suckered into Elon's con.

OP
OP
nmope

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Unfortunately i don’t see any MYP or M3P available. If I hadn’t picked up my MME 5 weeks ago I definitely would be in the Tesla camp right now.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

Telsa coming in with the 7500 discount now is going to trick a few folks. Next year they'll drop the price of the cars on top of the tax credit being available.

What con? The car is priced at a certain price point. Any company goal is to maximize profit. They will raise or lower the price based on demand.

In the past, Tesla lowered the price when the tax credit expired. I suspect that they will keep prices as is with the new tax credit, and maybe even raise it a little based on demands.

There was a huge demand for tesla just a few months ago before the tax credit was announced. I suspect that people are waiting for the new year before buying again.

Tesla makes something like 10k for each car sold, whereas Ford and most other EV manufacturers lose money. Rivian reportedly loses 130k per vehicle. yikes. I think Ford makes $11 dollars (not 11000, but 11 dollars.) per MachE sold.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

I think you have it backwards.

The Tesla “con” was that they raised the price $7500 when the bill was on the table to reinstate tax credits.

Now they just put it back to the old price while the credits aren’t available yet.

I predict the $7500 discount will disappear as soon as the government money kicks in in 2023.

What’s the con? Taxpayer $$ goes directly to Tesla and to one of the richest people on the planet.

And consumers got NOTHING in terms of lower prices for BEVs. Zero help to the planet.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I predict the $7500 discount will disappear as soon as the government money kicks in in 2023.
That‘s not much of a prediction since the discount explicitly expires at the end of this year.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I think you have it backwards.

The Tesla “con” was that they raised the price $7500 when the bill was on the table to reinstate tax credits.

Now they just put it back to the old price while the credits aren’t available yet.

What’s the con? Taxpayer $$ goes directly to Tesla and to one of the richest people on the planet.

And consumers got NOTHING in terms of lower prices for BEVs. Zero help to the planet.
That's cute, you thought that the lobbyists were advocating for the "little guys," or the planet.
You think the politicians from either party gives a F*** about any of us? They just need our votes to stay in power. But rest assure, they do not care about their "constituents."

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
That‘s not much of a prediction since the discount explicitly expires at the end of this year.
True. My prediction is more that they won’t renew it for January. Incentives rarely last more than a month at a time anyways. They could continue it of course, but they won’t. No need to write a check when the taxpayers already offered to pay the tab.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
True. My prediction is more that they won’t renew it for January. Incentives rarely last more than a month at a time anyways. They could continue it of course, but they won’t. No need to write a check when the taxpayers already offered to pay the tab.
They definitely won’t. There’s no secret why they added the $3750 discount or why they increased it to $7500. That reason evaporates on the first of the year.
Sponsored