roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Model 3 Rear-Wheel was cut $500, going from $43,990 to $43,490.

The direct sales model enables them to adjust when they feel like it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Model 3 Rear-Wheel was cut $500, going from $43,990 to $43,490.

The direct sales model enables them to adjust when they feel like it.
And they feel like it when government money is in play……

But price adjustments every month have nothing to do with the direct sales model. Ford and every other manufacturer can change prices whenever they like. They just usually do it through giving incentives (rebates) or taking them away.

Although of course Ford just changed the MSRP as well due to the odd times we live in right now. No direct sales needed to do this.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I think it's great that Tesla is able to raise AND lower prices as the market dictates. And that they are being transparent about it. Don't have to worry about dealer's hold back, rebates, incentives etc. with dealers, you always worry if you're "leaving money on the table."

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think it's great that Tesla is able to raise AND lower prices as the market dictates. And that they are being transparent about it. Don't have to worry about dealer's hold back, rebates, incentives etc. with dealers, you always worry if you're "leaving money on the table."
Tesla raises prices and you think it’s “great.”

You’re a true fan.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Tesla raises prices and you think it’s “great.”

You’re a true fan.
No, I owned one of the first MY. When Tesla raised the price during the pandemic, it also raised my residual value. After 2 years and 30K miles, I sold it for more than I bought it for. Upgraded to a MYP. residuals have gone back to where would be during normal times. But if tesla was to raise price, it would just bump up my residuals.

Can't have it both ways. Complain when they raise price, then complain when they lower the price.

What I get from the forum is:
Tesla raise prices. Only out for profit, don't care about their customers. Ford would never do something like that.

Tesla Lowers prices. Tesla screwed over all their customers. Don't care about anyone but themselves. Ford would never do something like that.

Can't have it both ways. Complain when they raise price, then complain when they lower the price.
Sponsored