Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/03/mus...onth-from-bankruptcy-during-model-3-ramp.html

According to this article, Elon stated that Tesla came within 30 days of going bankrupt back at the start of the Model 3 push. ?

This certainly makes it easy to understand why Tesla constantly prioritizes raw car output over product quality: They are used to fighting to stay alive.

This certainly doesn’t give me confidence in their future as I doubt they have the reserves to survive any major setbacks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheLight75

TheLight75

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Back to Ford (why so much Tesla on a Ford site?)....this does not inspire confidence either

A forth Ford recall in weeks
It may not inspire confidence, but it will not be an existential threat to Ford. Any major stumbling block for Tesla could end up killing the company.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/03/mus...onth-from-bankruptcy-during-model-3-ramp.html

According to this article, Elon stated that Tesla came within 30 days of going bankrupt back at the start of the Model 3 push. ?

This certainly makes it easy to understand why Tesla constantly prioritizes raw car output over product quality: They are used to fighting to stay alive.

This certainly doesn’t give me confidence in their future as I doubt they have the reserves to survive any major setbacks.
Sorry, have to comment on Tesla. They have been hurting for cash for a long time. Back in '07 or maybe it was '08 (way before the Model 3) I was working for a major auto finance company and we started doing business with Tesla. Tesla could not afford a 2 day float from the customer contract signing to getting payment.

Tesla insisted on getting paid for their contracts on the same day that the customer signed them (which was NOT the normal process). Tesla refuse to wait for the contracts to be overnighted via FedEx and then processed by us (1 day processing). Which would mean in the normal process Tesla would get paid within 2 days of the customer signing the contract. NO, that was not good enough for Tesla. The would not do business with us unless we agreed to letting them fax a copy of the signed contract and having us then immediately EFT them the money by 3 PM Eastern that same day.
Sponsored