Andyg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD sr
Country flag
I gave the Tesla superchargers a go today as I was passing Cambridge, despite a Tesla driver telling me that it wouldn’t work, I got a very quick charge. You do need to download the Tesla app and add some kind of payment. very easy to use and the position of the charging flap is ideal as the power lead is quite short.
Sponsored

Tempest

First Name
Tempest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Fiesta ST-2
Country flag
Tesla have opened a limited number of Supercharger sites up to all makes of EVs. Won't charge on all Superchargers just the ones Tesla have made available.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I gave the Tesla superchargers a go today as I was passing Cambridge, despite a Tesla driver telling me that it wouldn’t work, I got a very quick charge. You do need to download the Tesla app and add some kind of payment. very easy to use and the position of the charging flap is ideal as the power lead is quite short.
And you used a TeslaTap type of connector J1772 >Tesla?

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Location, Location, Location, and Government mandates of CCS connections on all Cars!!!!

Norm in NC

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m in the US and want to us the adapter at the Tesla stations. I set up the Tesla app without a VIN. Will the app work without identifying the car?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I’m in the US and want to us the adapter at the Tesla stations. I set up the Tesla app without a VIN. Will the app work without identifying the car?
You cannot use a Tesla Supercharger in the US at this time. They have to add CCS connections and open the network to non-Teslas.

You can buy an adapter to use Tesla Destination chargers at hotels, homes, etc.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Telsa has only opened a limited number of Superchargers for non-Tesla use in Europe. No Superchargers are open in the United States. However, you can charge on Tesla L2 chargers in the US with an adapter. I have done it once.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
These do not work on Superchargers.
Yup, I have a Tesla and have seen destination chargers at Tesla stations. I thought I missed some sort of news. OP went on to say they were ccs... Destination chargers; this is not new.

Michael MM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD XR
Country flag
Well I charged my Mach-E at a Tesla charging station a couple of days ago. Yes, I downloaded the Tesla app, added a payment method and went to the location of a station that was part of the pilot to open it to all EVs. It all went really smooth, BUT I was surprised to see it was only charging at some 37kW. It Was a Tesla Supercharger and the app said it was up to 150kW, so I was hoping for something better that what I got.
Never mind - it is good to know it works (more or less).
:)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well I charged my Mach-E at a Tesla charging station a couple of days ago. Yes, I downloaded the Tesla app, added a payment method and went to the location of a station that was part of the pilot to open it to all EVs. It all went really smooth, BUT I was surprised to see it was only charging at some 37kW. It Was a Tesla Supercharger and the app said it was up to 150kW, so I was hoping for something better that what I got.
Never mind - it is good to know it works (more or less).
:)
I understand the complaint, but I am still jealous. I pass empty Tesla Superchargers frequently. If only I could use one...

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And you used a TeslaTap type of connector J1772 >Tesla?
TeslaTaps are only for Level 2 Tesla chargers, like at hotels etc.