Tesla Chargers Going in at Wawas with “15 Minute General Parking” signs?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesla changes the signs after the Superchargers are turned on and functioning. I think they are letting anyone park there until they’re ready.
That makes some sense. I can't remember ever seeing a "15 min. general parking" sign in front of a gas pump.
As I referenced prior, signs stay.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
It wouldn’t surprise me if Tesla changes the signs after the Superchargers are turned on and functioning. I think they are letting anyone park there until they’re ready.
Nope, we have had them here in Virginia Beach for years, 15 minute signs still posted.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I bet if gas pumps took 20-45 minutes to fuel and they were as rare as unobtainum they would have them
Okay, make it a 1 min parking sign, it's not happening at a fuel station. Rather than developing dedicated charging stations, companies like EA or EVGo are dropping towers in existing lots, which just begs the ICE crowd to act passive aggressively.

I'm lucky to live in an EV friendly region, but it's still a long way from being the mode of choice for long haul transport. I can only imagine the range anxiety that results from not knowing if your next charge will be subject to a full lot because of a Powerball ticket run, speaking of which....

Circle-K Norway is on to something, and I guess I'm surprised it hasn't made an appearance yet, say on I-5 between Stockton and Bakerspatch, for example.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Just as an additional data point, Wawas also have signs at the gas pumps asking people to move from the gas pumps after pumping gas (I forget the exact wording). Back when I used to own an ICE car, Wawas used to have inexpensive gas (they no longer do), so they were always crowded. They do have great hoagies, are incredibly well-stocked, amazingly clean stores, and sparkling bathrooms. Sheetz are very similar (except I have no idea whether they would even have hoagies - they probably have … shudder … “subs”)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just as an additional data point, Wawas also have signs at the gas pumps asking people to move from the gas pumps after pumping gas (I forget the exact wording). Back when I used to own an ICE car, Wawas used to have inexpensive gas (they no longer do), so they were always crowded. They do have great hoagies, are incredibly well-stocked, amazingly clean stores, and sparkling bathrooms. Sheetz are very similar (except I have no idea whether they would even have hoagies - they probably have … shudder … “subs”)
I visit a local Wawa regularly but don't remember ever seeing those signs at the pumps, I will check that out.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
You Texas people do EVERYTHING wrong! You’re supposed to eat your hoagie on top of the garbage can right out in front of the store, with the other people!
Sheesh (shakes head and walks away)
Translation: hoagie = sub = grinder like sprinkles = shots = jimmies

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I wonder what it must be like to live in a part of the country where convenience stores are called Wawa and Sheetz. Wow.
When I moved to Philadelphia and was looking for something to eat, a new neighbor told me "There's a small Wawa store just around the corner."

I assumed he had a speech impediment, or possibly brain damage.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
When I moved to Philadelphia and was looking for something to eat, a new neighbor told me "There's a small Wawa store just around the corner."

I assumed he had a speech impediment, or possibly brain damage.
“We just say “Wawa”. “Wawa store” is redundant. Sort of like “ugly Tesla” 😀

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
I miss having a Wawa nearby. I lived in Sheetz territory for a bit, but found them to be a pale imitation at best. And yes, I know the families that run each have had a long history of keeping in touch with one another.

Here in SoCal I think AMPMs are about it and they are horrible.

And how has Philly been mentioned and I have not seen jabroni, jawn, or hear how Pats is not the best cheesesteak in the world?

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I thought I was pretty far east. But I've never seen any of the stores mentioned in this thread.
Yeah you Green Mountain Boys have that evil DCFC network called FLO, with no (!!) credit card readers for non-members.

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I visit a local Wawa regularly but don't remember ever seeing those signs at the pumps, I will check that out.
They have them where I live but it doesn’t do any good. All the pumps are filled while the owners are inside waiting on their subs. Very frustrating.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They have them where I live but it doesn’t do any good. All the pumps are filled while the owners are inside waiting on their subs. Very frustrating.
I know crazy isn't it, I see it all the time!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Pilot or EvGo updated Plug or someone update Plugshare to indicate that they’ve started on the install at a Pilot north of Jacksonville.
I found it on the map. I'm seeing these in other states on plugshare, seems like someone is just saying it's coming soon, not that construction has actually started yet :(
Sponsored