Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
From everything I've read, the Boring company's product is basically a subway system but with lower transit volume.

Nuralink is a great way to end up in the Matrix - no thanks.

SpaceX and Tesla are cool though. But they're cool in spite of Musk, not because of him.

Also you forgot PayPal, which is also pretty cool, although my rating of it is 5/10 because I get a ton of PayPal phishing emails despite not even using PayPal, and they're annoying

I put Boring on the list not because of the tunnels... but because their terms and conditions rhyme. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Closing Autopilot Office, Cutting 200 Jobs 1656609152593
Sponsored

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does not make sense. I have used blue cruise for 1000's of mile on both MachE and Lightning, it slows down just fine on curves. It has never voluntarily so much as left a lane. I think you do not know how to use it or bothered to understand how it works.

But it is many steps from autonomous driving but for what it is trying to accomplish it works just fine. In fact it even worked just fine in a thunderstorm and certainly does not do hi-beam for night driving.
See the grey bend? Set the BS's speed to a higher speed on the turnpike than what the car will handle and it WILL NOT slow down to take the turn the way tesla does. I haven't tried it recently, so I will try it again and see if Ford made any changes.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla Closing Autopilot Office, Cutting 200 Jobs 1656609200869

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Does not make sense. I have used blue cruise for 1000's of mile on both MachE and Lightning, it slows down just fine on curves. It has never voluntarily so much as left a lane. I think you do not know how to use it or bothered to understand how it works.
no, totally different from Tesla AP. Tesla on AP drops down speed (often too much) before entering the curve. MME BC only slows down during the curve if it can't keep up the speed.

for a turn I go through often, I enter at 65MPH, MME drops to about 60MPH half way in the turn. while Tesla on AP would drop to about 40MPH _before_ entering the turn, so I had to turn off AP every time before the turn.

Tesla so drops speed automatically when you go off freeway ramp, even without speed limit change it may drop 5-10MPH.

FYI, I have used MME BC probably 6-8k miles (car has 10k miles now, I almost always turn on BC).

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
See the grey bend? Set the BS's speed to a higher speed on the turnpike than what the car will handle and it WILL NOT slow down to take the turn the way tesla does. I haven't tried it recently, so I will try it again and see if Ford made any changes.
sometimes in really sharp turns (but I could drive through at 65MPH no problem), it just ignores the lines and keep going straight. so now I just actively turn the wheel whenever it enters a sharp turn.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Space X
Tesla
Nuralink
Boring
etc...

If only we had a few more nut jobs like Musk
The first is a very shady story, sounds like a three letter agency involvement.
The second is a clear case of legalized racket.
The rest are just BS zombie companies.
And nowhere the superior intellect of the electric messiah can be detected even with the best equipment.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
From everything I've read, the Boring company's product is basically a subway system but with lower transit volume.

Nuralink is a great way to end up in the Matrix - no thanks.

SpaceX and Tesla are cool though. But they're cool in spite of Musk, not because of him.

Also you forgot PayPal, which is also pretty cool, although my rating of it is 5/10 because I get a ton of PayPal phishing emails despite not even using PayPal, and they're annoying
A bit of science doesn't hurt

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I guess some people are not content to die on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. :cool:
I already have sand... and water!

I'm glad folks like Elon Musk exist, but the narcissistic psychopath personality it seems to require sounds very exhausting.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think Autopilot is much more dangerous when it fails because it seems pretty capable most of the time, which can lull drivers into complacency. Whereas BlueCruise is like a teenage driver you don’t trust and want to keep a sharp eye on, since he veers around the lane and takes turns too fast.

Complacency is what causes accidents when the driver believes the system is in control, but fails.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To be fair, the US gave Ford some loans they have never paid back, and yet moved MME production to Mexico. Why would Ford abandon the US when they received money from the US? I know this is a Ford site with a lot of fanboys, but it does go both ways ;)
There’s a bunch of reasons why MachE is in Mexico, mainly cause it was their smallest line for a car no one knew about yet, also doesn’t hurt that they’ll save money on EU import fees
Initially the Mach-E was to have been built in the US, but a certain government official decided to start a tariff war with europe. Since the expectation was for many more sales in europe due to the carbon tax, Ford moved the line to mexico where there would be no tariff on the expected major market.

China is now the country of origin for many of the Teslas going to Europe for the same reason, and when Berlin comes on line how many Teslas will go to europe from the US?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
To be fair, the US gave Ford some loans they have never paid back, and yet moved MME production to Mexico. Why would Ford abandon the US when they received money from the US? I know this is a Ford site with a lot of fanboys, but it does go both ways ;)
Which loans are these?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
This has gotta be the shittiest employer, they used the excuse that they were low performers to do the layoff so they didn’t have to file as reduction in force and give 60 days notice. What an awful company.
Does seem strange to close an entire office, every single person couldn't have been low performing.

They are getting sued now for not filling WARN.

https://www.reuters.com/business/tesla-sued-by-former-employees-over-mass-layoff-2022-06-20/
Sponsored