Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Europe first makes sense, since the EU forced TSLA to use the CCS connector there.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe this means the EV will come with a Tesla and CCS port in the future. No adaptors.
If they stop relying on adapters, I would guess it would be the charger offering 2 connectors, not typically the car.

Although I have doubts this is coming to the US nearly as soon.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe this means the EV will come with a Tesla and CCS port in the future. No adaptors.
Maybe....maybe not.... Tesla owns the connection, (similar to Apple owning several of their connections).. Manufactures would have to license it from Tesla.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Europe first makes sense, since the EU forced TSLA to use the CCS connector there.
I think it's the CCS factor plus Superchargers are not as important in Europe as high-powered charging stations are proliferating like crazy over there. It makes sense for Tesla to open up their stations in the near future if only to get better utilization out of their assets.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If they stop relying on adapters, I would guess it would be the charger offering 2 connectors, not typically the car.

Although I have doubts this is coming to the US nearly as soon.
Because of the charge port location, I'm not sure the MME would be very compatible with Superchargers. Either supercharger cables have to get a lot longer or the adapter has to be ridiculous.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Somewhat related: Tesla is being sued in California over fees imposed at Superchargers. Pre-2017, a Tesla buyer received lifetime no-cost supercharging. But to relieve congestion at charging stations, Tesla implemented a fee that was imposed if the car wasn't removed from the station almost immediately once charging was complete.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Somewhat related: Tesla is being sued in California over fees imposed at Superchargers. Pre-2017, a Tesla buyer received lifetime no-cost supercharging. But to relieve congestion at charging stations, Tesla implemented a fee that was imposed if the car wasn't removed from the station almost immediately once charging was complete.
Idle fees? EA has those too. From what I can see, Tesla has a 5 minute grace period while EA has a 10 minute. Both seem reasonable to me. In fact, I think they're very important to avoid people tying up chargers while not charging anymore.

I suspect many Tesla owners were getting used to just plugging the car in for the day or night at a Supercharger and just leaving it until they got off work, or up the next morning, or till the end of the movie, etc. That may be fine for cheap L2, but it's a terrible practice for precious DCFC.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Idle fees? EA has those too. From what I can see, Tesla has a 5 minute grace period while EA has a 10 minute. Both seem reasonable to me. In fact, I think they're very important to avoid people tying up chargers while not charging anymore.
Agree 100% - I didn't file the suit! ?
Sponsored