Tesla driver dies in fatal shooting at Supercharger station after ‘argument over charger’

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
They were pretty upfront about the lack of information in the article. Headlines are designed to grab your attention, always have been and always will be. After that, it’s expected that people will critically read the article.
I understand what they are doing with the headline... it is not OK nor is it universal.
Sponsored

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
They were pretty upfront about the lack of information in the article. Headlines are designed to grab your attention, always have been and always will be. After that, it’s expected that people will critically read the article.
That's a big assumption these days, generally.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Only as to the critical reading part. ;)

There’s so much competition for our attention in the news and news as entertainment areas that attention grabbing headlines and tags should neither surprise nor shock anyone.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A wrong assumption. It's a basic reality that people will scan a lot of headlines, and pick just few of most interest to them to open and read.

And the media knows it. They learned that long ago, knowing that misleading headlines are the most powerful way to push the spin and bias they want.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
You have very idealistic expectations. Americans will immediately retreat to their partisan corners, regardless of the issue and argue from an ideological basis, irrespective of the facts.
I’ve had years of experience with this trying to convince narrow minded Pepsi drinkers of the inherent superiority of Coca-Cola!

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
A wrong assumption. It's a basic reality that people will scan a lot of headlines, and pick just few of most interest to them to open and read.

And the media knows it. They learned that long ago, knowing that misleading headlines are the most powerful way to push the spin and bias they want.
Not limited to the media, which sometimes just parrots. For better or worse.

Some try harder than others to get the reaction, or to get it right. That's where the critical thinking part comes in to play to discern which is which.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You have very idealistic expectations. Americans will immediately retreat to their partisan corners, regardless of the issue and argue from an ideological basis, irrespective of the facts.
I’ve had years of experience with this trying to convince narrow minded Pepsi drinkers of the inherent superiority of Coca-Cola!
I prefer Dr. Pepper.

j/k — lemonade. No, the regular no alcohol stuff. ;)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s sort of like the old Boeing vs Airbus arguments among pilots. Then Boeing became McDonnel Douglas in disguise and we all (mostly) realized that Airbus was right all along. ;)

back on topic, it’s a shame that people die because someone else needs to think with a 9mm projectile. Regardless of why they were arguing.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not limited to the media, which sometimes just parrots. For better or worse.

Some try harder than others to get the reaction, or to get it right. That's where the critical thinking part comes in to play to discern which is which.
Sure. But the reality is time doesn't allow it on every story and every issue. Which means many impressions are made simply from headlines. And they know it. They've been manipulating public opinion for years with misleading headlines. It's an immense power.

But I digress.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It’s sort of like the old Boeing vs Airbus arguments among pilots. Then Boeing became McDonnel Douglas in disguise and we all (mostly) realized that Airbus was right all along. ;)

back on topic, it’s a shame that people die because someone else needs to think with a 9mm projectile. Regardless of why they were arguing.
Hahaha - I wonder how many people would get MacDac dba Boeing? :D It is sad that Boeing lost their way a bit. Speaking from a passenger perspective, I actually LIKE the 777. Oddly, I've missed the 787 (Delta became a pretty much all-Airbus carrier).

I do agree with your point, but unfortunately, for some people, it's become a very contentious, binary issue. Personally, I don't need aftermarket holes created by amateurs in my Mustang Mach E :D

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I actually LIKE the 777
The B-777 was the last aircraft Boeing ever actually designed. Yes, they've built other new models since then: the 787, and a couple of derivatives including the 747-800 and the infamous 737 Max. However, the 787 airframe design originated outside of Boeing under contract. Companies change, sometimes for the better, oftentimes not. It is always painful; witness Ford trying to embrace a post ICE vehicle environment.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
The B-777 was the last aircraft Boeing ever actually designed. Yes, they've built other new models since then: the 787, and a couple of derivatives including the 747-800 and the infamous 737 Max. However, the 787 airframe design originated outside of Boeing under contract. Companies change, sometimes for the better, oftentimes not. It is always painful; witness Ford trying to embrace a post ICE vehicle environment.
My mom worked at MacDac in the 80's. I loved seeing the planes sitting there half assembled and my mom getting me the company calendar every Christmas. Nothing like hanging a MacDac calendar in my HAC office :D
Sponsored