Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That does not make sense. They lose money selling cars.

TSLA makes money selling Clean Air Credits.

SpaceX is not related to Tesla if you are referring to that Elon ‘project’.

Nor is the Boring ‘project’.
Whats that; punching holes through the ozone for the fun of it? Lets all take a flight and do it.
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
I also found it interesting that Teslas now come with a CCS adapter. Honestly too bad we can't get a supercharger adapter to use that network.
There is no CCS adapter. What he shows is the J1772 adapter that has shipped with all Teslas since day 1.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
To be fair, he is kind of a hostage. They have his money. Including $8K for FSD. What is Tesla's policy to refund if you don't take the car?
What else strikes me is that the car is not CLEAN when he picks it up. No attempt to make the pickup experience special.
I also found it interesting that Teslas now come with a CCS adapter. Honestly too bad we can't get a supercharger adapter to use that network.
Things might change, in Europe every charging station must have 1 stall open to all brands i.e tesla has to provide at least 1 stall to all other EV's. It's government mandated. Right now charging is actually free but i suspect that will also change soon

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
Things might change, in Europe every charging station must have 1 stall open to all brands i.e tesla has to provide at least 1 stall to all other EV's. It's government mandated. Right now charging is actually free but i suspect that will also change soon
Perhaps as a revenue stream tesla could charge oither BEVs to charge at there sites?!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps as a revenue stream tesla could charge oither BEVs to charge at there sites?!
I think eventually you will see a higher price rate for Non-Teslas to charge at their superstations. It would cost Tesla 0 and brin in extra revenue. I know they were angry at organizations for not picking a std but its time to grow up and move on and allow everyone to charge at all stations.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm guessing there's a lot more that has gone on behind the scenes as to why no one else uses the supercharger network yet. Tesla/Musk has said they're open to letting other manufacturers use them as long as they pay their fair share. And other companies want more charging options.

My guess is that the fees or licensing agreements are way higher than what other companies are willing to pay. On one hand, Tesla would gain a lot of revenue by partnering with everyone else, but on the other hand, the super charger network is a pretty big competitive advantage. You don't build a moat like that for your business and then willingly get rid of it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think eventually you will see a higher price rate for Non-Teslas to charge at their superstations. It would cost Tesla 0 and brin in extra revenue. I know they were angry at organizations for not picking a std but its time to grow up and move on and allow everyone to charge at all stations.
Would certainly help a lot in me understanding their commitment to their "mission" statement. Pretty sure it is Ontario hydro that is feeding super-chargers here. How much do you think we have paid for the pumps at gas stations? CSS will most likely win and the Apple of EV's may not have the capacity to maintain all in the future. I like the Bob's corner charger concept.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
To be fair, he is kind of a hostage. They have his money. Including $8K for FSD. What is Tesla's policy to refund if you don't take the car?
What else strikes me is that the car is not CLEAN when he picks it up. No attempt to make the pickup experience special.
well to be fair there was a missing bit of paint that he said the delivery center filled in. I'm sure they took it to a body shop, went down to bare metal, and painted it back up layer by layer - because just getting a touchup marker and scribbling with it on a brand new car for this price would be crazy. They wouldn't do that, would they? ?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the Bob's corner charger concept.
Chargers really need to be located where drivers can do something for half an hour other than sitting in the car babysitting it. That's where the gas station comparisons fall apart. Gas stations are quick stops, while EV charging is a "park it and do something else" function. Eating, shopping, sightseeing, entertainment, etc. Except that on DCFC, it needs to be a limited-time function (30-60 minutes), not a multi-hour one. That's why being placed by restaurants is such a good fit.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
well to be fair there was a missing bit of paint that he said the delivery center filled in. I'm sure they took it to a body shop, went down to bare metal, and painted it back up layer by layer - because just getting a touchup marker and scribbling with it on a brand new car for this price would be crazy. They wouldn't do that, would they? ?
Nail polish works best; no ;).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Chargers really need to be located where drivers can do something for half an hour other than sitting in the car babysitting it. That's where the gas station comparisons fall apart. Gas stations are quick stops, while EV charging is a "park it and do something else" function. Eating, shopping, sightseeing, entertainment, etc. Except that on DCFC, it needs to be a limited-time function (30-60 minutes), not a multi-hour one. That's why being placed by restaurants is such a good fit.
eh, apparently everyone uses Netflix in their car infotainment for those cases because they don't have data plans or phones or tablets.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here in Quebec Couche-Tard which is the Canadian equivalent of 7-Eleven owns a ton of gas stations. They are putting in there own charging network at the gas stations so you can eat, get a coffee read a paper while you charge

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Drive thru a drive thru and a picnic table will do it. I am not one for having to be entertained, will not need it much, and find Bob's corner chargers capitalism and good for the chargers. Will not whine about Bob's at all.
Sponsored