Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I fully blame Elon for not wanting to put eye-monitoring hardware in his cars. Ford, GM, BMW, etc all are doing it with proven success.
The crazy part is that both the hardware and software are already there...

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/10/tesla-model-3s-interior-camera-tracking-eye-and-head-movement/

In case you were wondering what does the selfie camera in model 3 currently try to detect: BLINDED DARK EYES_CLOSED EYES_DOWN EYES_NOMINAL EYES_UP HEAD_DOWN HEAD_TRUNC LOOKING_LEFT LOOKING_RIGHT PHONE_USE SUNGLASSES_EYES_LIKELY_NOMINAL SUNGLASSES_LIKELY_EYES_DOWN
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The crazy part is you have some tesla stans mad at ford that the mache does not slow down if the seat belt is undone but these kinds of ways to abuse the product are ok?

Anything made by anyone can be abused we know this. But Tesla has a lot more problems with this self-driving than they want to admit.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
The crazy part is you have some tesla stans mad at ford that the mache does not slow down if the seat belt is undone but these kinds of ways to abuse the product are ok?

Anything made by anyone can be abused we know this. But Tesla has a lot more problems with this self-driving than they want to admit.
Tru, thanks for finding this. People need to know what kind of lunatics are out there. Musk must be very proud.

I did a little more research on this, and this guy is seriously mental. No joke.

The full story is here. https://www.ktvu.com/news/back-seat-tesla-rider-pulls-same-stunt-but-in-new-car-after-jail-release

SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco man infamous for posting social media videos as he rides in the back seat of his Tesla with no one behind the wheel is at it again. He committed the same crime shortly after being released from jail.

Param Sharma met KTVU's Jesse Gary in San Francisco Wednesday afternoon, not far from his mother’s high-rise apartment. After getting out of jail on two counts of reckless driving, he pulled up sitting in the back seat of a Tesla with no one in the driver's seat.

When asked if he purchased a new Tesla after the previous one was impounded he said, "Yeah, I’m rich as (expletive). I’m very rich."

Sharma is either committed to the cause of self-driving vehicles or soon to cause a catastrophe.

On the first day of freedom from Santa Rita Jail, the 25-year-old went to a Tesla dealership and bought a new car. And by the afternoon he was demonstrating how quickly he can move from behind the wheel to a back seat rider.

As he slithered from the driver’s seat to the right-rear passenger seat he said, "I feel safer back here than I do up there."

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I thought Demand was way up on Tesla’s… dafuq did this clown manage to purchase and drive away? I hope when he ends up in court they set bail at a stupidly high number. Like 8 figures high. And then a stupidly high fine when he gets to court. There is a number for every person where they actually feel the pain of the fine.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I myself and most of the common-sense people on here are saying the same thing.

Yes, again anything can be misused and not used correctly. The problem is when someone keeps saying it is something that it is not or it will never be. Then you get crazed by people doing things like this.

Kinda funny after some heat from the environmental people " which is the reason for tesla and other products" Elon says yeah I guess we shouldn't accept crypto now. Now people are losing thousands in the man they thought would save them.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
In my state ... the "owner" of the car is responsible regardless of who (or what) was driving. Not sure how it works in other states but I am very sure of how it works here. His car = his fault.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Pompous entitled prick!
He should be forced to Uber everywhere for 5 years since he does not like driving anyway.
There is no cure for stupidity.
Just hope he does not kill anybody if he keeps doing this, and shame on us if he does for letting it happen.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I fully blame Elon for not wanting to put eye-monitoring hardware in his cars. Ford, GM, BMW, etc all are doing it with proven success.
To end this practice, for every such accident, they should put Elon on a back seat of any Tesla and let the car drive itself for 30 mins on a randomly chosen road. Then Tesla will fix this "feature" in no time.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Everyone: I wonder where he got the idea that he doesn't need to be in the driver's seat?

Tesla:
FireShot Capture 053 - Autopilot - Tesla - www.tesla.com.png
Well I also have a single malt scotch in my hands but it to is still sealed shut from the distillery, only for legal reasons.
We do a lot of things for legal reasons, multiple times a day. Unfortunately, if not for laws, we would all be affected by the reckless, selfish self centered idiots more than we still do. I'm disappointed media outlets give people like this any screentime.