Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
The price increases are probably coming to all chargers, not only Tesla. It's hard to imagine that inflation wouldn't affect electricity costs when all commodities getting more expensive.
Wow. So here’s one drawback to “vendor lock” - at least for monopolistic Superchargers. There may be some inflationary pressure here, but no commodity with a stable supply and relatively inelastic demand jumps 4x overnight. I’d be more than upset if I owned a Tesla…

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
not surprised. take money from outside companies so they can share the network, AND charge more.

i haven't fact checked the article, to be fair.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
a sign of the times for all electricity, I suppose. musk is getting ready to nail all of us who use their chargers soon. And if Electrify America doesn’t raise their prices Tesla cars will be bottlenecked right along side of us.

id like to see comparisons of the best hybrids against gas and also e-car s.
those new Toyota RAV4 hybrids do really well for those who drive less than 50 miles a day. I have a friend who only puts a few gallons of gas in it per week, which is only needed if you are traveling more than the 50 mi.

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
a sign of the times for all electricity, I suppose. musk is getting ready to nail all of us who use their chargers soon. And if Electrify America doesn’t raise their prices Tesla cars will be bottlenecked right along side of us.

id like to see comparisons of the best hybrids against gas and also e-car s.
those new Toyota RAV4 hybrids do really well for those who drive less than 50 miles a day. I have a friend who only puts a few gallons of gas in it per week, which is only needed if you are traveling more than the 50 mi.
I have a Jeep Wrangler 4xe on the way for my wife. She works about five minutes away and rarely leaves the county. While it wouldn't work for my needs, I think this will be perfect for her - gets about 25-30 miles electric per charge. We can charge it every night and a tank of gas should last her a long time. Plus you get the $7,500 tax credit.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I know manuf keep claiming they'll be "all ev" by 2030 or 35. but in realistic terms I wonder if plug in hybrids will become more prevalent at least until battery tech gets longer range.

I mean if I had to do road trips all the time, no way I'd be exclusively an EV owner.

So tesla upping the rates, guess he's doing that BEFORE he opens the super charger network to other brands.

bostondan77

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E, GLS 450
Country flag
I know manuf keep claiming they'll be "all ev" by 2030 or 35. but in realistic terms I wonder if plug in hybrids will become more prevalent at least until battery tech gets longer range.

I mean if I had to do road trips all the time, no way I'd be exclusively an EV owner.

So tesla upping the rates, guess he's doing that BEFORE he opens the super charger network to other brands.
I don’t think plug-in hybrids will be more popular than straight EVs. My wife has a BMW X5 xDrive45i- can go 30 miles of pure electric before the ICE kicks on. There are lots of downsides I’m sure apply to all plug ins:
1. During battery only driving, it is horribly inefficient. She gets about 1.5 miles per Kwhr on a good day. You’re taking an ICE for a ride and she’s heavy.
2. If driving on ICE alone, mpg is worse than a comparable X5 without an electric engine/battery.
3. If on electric only mode, the small electric engine is very slow at accelerating the car.
4. Charging rate at home is slower than a full EV. No DC fast charging either.

I wish they made a pureEV version of this car.

Last edited:

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Tesla is taking a page from the oil companies playbook if that’s true. Only charging network that make sense to me is when that’s tied to the power company which in our case in Qc is government owned. Minimizes those pricing shenanigans!

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I have a Jeep Wrangler 4xe on the way for my wife. She works about five minutes away and rarely leaves the county. While it wouldn't work for my needs, I think this will be perfect for her - gets about 25-30 miles electric per charge. We can charge it every night and a tank of gas should last her a long time. Plus you get the $7,500 tax credit.
Given your scenario I would put Stabil gas stabilizer in her tank. Gas goes bad and can cause troubles in your fuel system.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Any source besides a video? Google shows nothing...

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Tesla has raised prices twice in the past year by $1000 per car per raise, this is right in line with that. I wonder if they are having a cash crunch.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Given your scenario I would put Stabil gas stabilizer in her tank. Gas goes bad and can cause troubles in your fuel system.
The Volt had some software built in to make sure that the gas engine ran occasionally, even if it wasn't needed, to prevent fuel system problems. I'd assume all the Plug-In Hybrids do, but it is worth checking the manual.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Tesla has raised prices twice in the past year by $1000 per car per raise, this is right in line with that. I wonder if they are having a cash crunch.
More like $10,000 since I started looking seriously at MME vs Y, which is March/April 2021 timeframe

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
The price increases are probably coming to all chargers, not only Tesla. It's hard to imagine that inflation wouldn't affect electricity costs when all commodities getting more expensive.

I couldn't watch this guy for long, he sounded too confused to me!
Sponsored