Tesla stops including mobile charging cable with vehicles

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
I'm surprised they didn't say pull a Kia. At least Apple included USB cable so you can charge using a USB port. Kia didn't include anything with the EV6.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Thus all the reason to get a MME and Ford still includes the Home 110 V charger.....LOL
Kia doesnā€™t include one either I donā€™t think. Wonā€™t be surprised if they all follow suit.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I think thatā€™s just poor customer service.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Maybe they figure they have enough superchargers or people already have a mobile charger. I haven't used my Ioniq 5 mobile charger yet. I already got a free one from the utility company from their rebate. Kinda wish Hyundai didn't include it and lowered the mrsp

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I only used the one that came with my Chevy Bolt for 2-3 days until my ChargePoint got installed.

I donā€™t in-vision ever using the one that came with my MME.

Musk and KIA do have a point.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I have been using the Ford Mobile Charger since getting this car 9 and 1/2 months ago but it will be going back in the car after my new Grizzl-E comes in. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Ford stops providing them as well If most buyers are not using them anyway!

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
In 3.5 years with my Tesla I've never unwrapped / unwound (tbh I'm not sure how it's stored) the mobile charging cables. That said, it's a nice-to-have in the event of emergency.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In 3.5 years with my Tesla I've never unwrapped / unwound (tbh I'm not sure how it's stored) the mobile charging cables. That said, it's a nice-to-have in the event of emergency.
Same with my Ford mobile charger

apwelsh

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e Standard
Occupation
Programmer
Country flag
Feel like this will be a normal thing eventually

https://apple.news/AOKOPBzmJQqmvFU47OzM0sA
I did not get one with my 2023 MME. I also don't have a rear compartment cover -- not sure if that is a normal add-on, or if it's even something that can be added. I have yet to browse the accessories for the MME. I had to buy my portable charger online, and it fits perfectly in the charger cable storage area under the rear compartment floor. Cost less than Ford's and charges up to 35amp Level 2, and down to 10 amps Level 1. I still need to wire up my Juice Box, as having this cable doesn't help me get the job done. haha.

I think charging stations and free charging bundles is enough to get most non-rural buyers a viable alternative and a motivation to get a home charger installed. My utility company reimburses up to $800 of the cost of the charger (and install) costs. While searching for that information, I noticed many utility companies do this.

I believe you are 100%, this will be the new norm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not get one with my 2023 MME. I also don't have a rear compartment cover -- not sure if that is a normal add-on, or if it's even something that can be added. I have yet to browse the accessories for the MME. I had to buy my portable charger online, and it fits perfectly in the charger cable storage area of the rear compartment. Cost less than Ford's and change up to 35amp Level 2, and down to 10 amps Level 1. I still need to wire up my Juice Box, and having this cable doesn't help me get the job done. haha.

I think charging stations and free charging bundles is enough to get most non-rural buyers a viable alternative and a motivation to get a home charger installed. My utility company reimburses up to $800 of the cost of the charger (and install) costs. While searching for that information, I noticed many utility companies do this.

I believe you are 100%, this will be the new norm.
I've only used the Ford Mobile Charger that came with my car once and that was because my EVSE in my garage died and I was waiting a day for the replacement.
Sponsored