Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
READ the text of the message sent via FORD the morning in their FORDPass app. Specifically the last paragraph. I supplied a photo of the message above.

Thats about as official as it can get.

once you do, I respectfully request you delete your incorrect posts on this topic so as not to confuse others.
It says “pricing….will be shared….”
$0 is a price.
Sponsored

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Did they address the physical issues with the existing supercharger cables not reaching the charger ports on Mach-Es and Lightnings?

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Scotty beam me up. No intelligent life down here.
really don't understand the attitude here.

generaltso is correct, farley's comments during the TV interview implied it would be free. the message you posted indeed implies there will be a non-zero fee.

the two are opposites, your title makes a statement as if the interview does not exist. the fact that there are two seemingly conflicting statements, conflicting only based our our inferences, means that we in reality do not know for sure the intent.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Rehashing another thread is so much fun.

Nothing is fact until it happens. And a lot can change in 10-12 months, or however long it takes for them to prepare the network to allow Ford BEVs.

And a FordPass message is about as reliable as a forum post. Maybe less. 😂

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here is all I will say - sure we do not know yet and won’t until announced; however, 100,000 units at $200 each is $20,000,000. I just do not see Ford providing that for free. Just my speculation. Now they could be “free” with a Blue Oval subscription but please do not think that means they are free. Or maybe they are free but we pay more for a charge. Or maybe Ford, in the goodness of their hearts, along with Elon, are going to provide this improved service and give us an adapter for free.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
Here is all I will say - sure we do not know yet and won’t until announced; however, 100,000 units at $200 each is $20,000,000. I just do not see Ford providing that for free. Just my speculation. Now they could be “free” with a Blue Oval subscription but please do not think that means they are free. Or maybe they are free but we pay more for a charge. Or maybe Ford, in the goodness of their hearts, along with Elon, are going to provide this improved service and give us an adapter for free.
I doubt they would cost Ford $200; $190 maybe, but not $200;)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My bet is the adapter will be free with your first year's BOCN subscription.
That seems like a reasonable prediction. I find the BOCN to be worthless so I hope the Supercharger access isn’t exclusive to that, but I suspect it will be.

Is there an announced price for that sub?

Bikespace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER 4x
Country flag
Jim Farley just promised to more than double the size of my available supercharger network, which should make my car 4 times more capable of road-tripping, or more. I am NOT going to stress at all about the price of an adaptor. The Tesla equivalent (CCS to NACS) is $175, and has to be more structurally sound.

Like with the BlueCruise pearl clutching, I'll believe the price when I see a bill.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Free is a price. On one hand, you've got a marketing message and the other a public interview with the CEO. Normally, I'd go with the CEO, but he's been about as reliable with his Mach E claims as Elon is about any Tesla product. For now, I'd just say wait and see.
maybe they'll pay us to take it. -$100 is a price

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That seems like a reasonable prediction. I find the BOCN to be worthless so I hope the Supercharger access isn’t exclusive to that, but I suspect it will be.

Is there an announced price for that sub?
Nope, and they just extended the free trial period for another year for the subscriptions that were expiring. I guess Ford needs more time to figure it all out.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I doubt they would cost Ford $200; $190 maybe, but not $200;)
Well I forgot to include shipping and you know how vendors like to make money on shipping! As a matter of fact I forgot that option - free but $210 shipping and handling!

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Well I forgot to include shipping and you know how vendors like to make money on shipping! As a matter of fact I forgot that option - free but $210 shipping and handling!
But hold on... order in the next ten minutes and we'll double the offer!! Just pay a small handling fee.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Nope, and they just extended the free trial period for another year for the subscriptions that were expiring. I guess Ford needs more time to figure it all out.
Yeah, I got that email within 30 minutes of my query LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.