Status
Not open for further replies.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I've got a shiny penny I'd wager on the CCS/NACS adapter coming with a tail.
I'd take that bet if I was a betting man. Adding a couple feet of copper to every adapter is not only going to make it harder to store and use, it's going to add significant cost.

Plus, it becomes pointless as V4 superchargers come online.
Sponsored

Deleted member 16048

I'd take that bet if I was a betting man. Adding a couple feet of copper to every adapter is not only going to make it harder to store and use, it's going to add significant cost.

Plus, it becomes pointless as V4 superchargers come online.
I doubt there will be extra cable on the adapter. Just adds more issues from the user experience side as imaging trying to use that easily.

Not to mention the issue of cooling here. That extra coper would definitely add weight and cooling concerns.

It's likely the stations will need some layout changes to allow vehicles to move closer to them, or Tesla will need to retrofit chargers to have longer / taller stations. (Taller so that the design doesn't need to change drastically to add the extra length.)

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I doubt there will be extra cable on the adapter. Just adds more issues from the user experience side as imaging trying to use that easily.

Not to mention the issue of cooling here. That extra coper would definitely add weight and cooling concerns.

It's likely the stations will need some layout changes to allow vehicles to move closer to them, or Tesla will need to retrofit chargers to have longer / taller stations. (Taller so that the design doesn't need to change drastically to add the extra length.)
Or they are planning on updating those 12,000 stations to the V4 cabinet design which have a longer cable.

IMG_5646.jpeg

Deleted member 16048

Or they are planning on updating those 12,000 stations to the V4 cabinet design which have a longer cable.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla supercharger adapter will have a cost - not free to current owners IMG_5646
That's an option as well, but with how the rollout of V3's went, it will take many many years.

Let's not forget, the Magic Dock locations are a "Pilot" They are learning and receiving feedback from them. Think of it as a beta test. They may make some tweaks to those retrofits when it goes nation wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.