Mohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang, Hyundai santa FE
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Not sure I agree with this. I had a Red Model Y, AWD, Ext Range on order for $54,990. 0-60 4.8 seconds, 300+ miles range. My Premium MachE AWD LR in red is $58,100. (less cargo space, less range, not as fast, especially if Ford comes in at 5.5 seconds).

Yeah we get the tax credit but still. The MachE isn't really less expensive. If I had ordered White on the Model Y, the price would have been $52,990.

I'll be very curious to see what Ford does when the Tax incentive is gone in regards to the MachE price.
In that case, add $500 more and order a GT that can beat TESLA Y's booty any day. Ford has been improving MACH-E everyday. I'm pretty sure by the time these get delivered, these will be better than first released.
Also, all current Mach-E specs are the results from in-factory and simulated tests. Model Y has all specs already calculated as it is in production. Give Ford some time to produce these vehicles and provide you the exact specs. I'm sure, just like power and speed, they will end up improving range, performance and acceleration as well.

Last edited:

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
It's clear that people will continue to purchase Teslas regardless of the quality, fit, and finish. This is why many people debate: is Tesla more a tech company than car manufacturer. People buy Teslas because of the tech, the brand, and the ability to have something the masses don't. I know because I was nearly in this boat. I knew the quality wasn't great, but I was about 95% of the way to place a Model Y order. In the end, I couldn't look past the quality issue. The Mach-E has and should have just the amount of Tech I'm looking for.
I'm in a unique situation, similar to you. I know all of the quality issues that Ford has, and a lot of issues that regular customers never hear about without a lot of research. So I know what to look at in the Model Y at delivery to have them fix. I’m fully expecting the Mach-E to have more issues than the Model Y, with issues that won’t show up until down the road (like the APIM failures with Sync 3 ?).

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
Country flag
In that case, add $500 more and order a GT that can beat TESLA Y's booty any day. Ford has been improving MACH-E everyday. I'm pretty sure by the time these get delivered, these will be better than first released.
Also, all current Mach-E specs are the results from in-factory and simulated tests. Model Y has all specs already calculated as it is in production. Give Ford some time to produce these vehicles and provide you the exact specs. I'm sure, just like power and speed, they will end up improving range, performance and acceleration as well.
I'm sure they can... But will they make you buy the 2022 model upgrade to get that? We will see.

And Ford could just as easily miss their simulation targets. That's why it's impossible to make a decision comparing real vs imaginary numbers

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This is pretty stunning considering their actual vehicle production. Just goes to show you that the Market is much different from reality. https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/01/t...aluable-automaker-in-the-world/?tpcc=ECFB2020
Tesla stock has the highest capitalized value of any car company. However, that may not make it the most valuable car company from many other perspectives. For example, is it the most profitable? Does it deliver the greatest return on investment? Does it have the greatest likelihood of surviving? Good for Tesla that a lot of people are willing to pay a lot for their stock but that is not the only measure of the overall value of any company.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
For example, is it the most profitable? --Has never made a yearly profit.
Sponsored