Tesla to get access to $7,000 tax credit on 400,000 more electric cars in the US with new incentive reform

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
if i didn't already have or was still considering ordering a mach-e, i might think harder about the value of a model 3 or Y with a $7000 rebate... but now that i'm driving my mach-e, i love it!!

i've been in friends' model S and 3 and still prefer the mach-e. so even if i was given the chance to do it over with the $7000 rebate in place for tesla, i'm pretty sure i'd be willing to pay a premium (how much i'm not sure) for the mach-e over a comparable tesla to be honest.

if the bill passes and the $7000 goes back to tesla and GM, it's biggest impact for non-tesla EV shoppers is to help drive down prices.

i love my mach-e, its features, its quality, and love that i had the choice and it's NOT a tesla.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
I already have my car ... and don't hear any noises other than the noise the car is meant to make. There is a federal requirement that the car must make some noise when in drive or reverse at low-speeds so that pedestrians hear it coming. The noise it makes does sound like an electronic sound ... but it intentional. I do wonder if people are hearing these noises and thinking there's a problem.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
the thing is how long will it drag out and how many tesla people waiting and not buying and put it off. Could hurt sales for a while the more it drags out or if it doesn't happen.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I expected this would happen. Will be interesting to see how this transpires.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
WA State's EV incentives are for EVs under 45k. with $2500 credit. Would have to get a Select with no options to make it.
Oh FRUITLOOP! I didn't know about that 45K price cap. I am pretty sure the WA state incentive is waiver of Sales Tax for the first $25K of the cars under $45K so it would have been closer to $1,700 but I was looking forward to it.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I agree that the Feds are planning a new incentive for EVs and even better as a sales rebate instead of a tax rebate, so everyone can qualify. But I wish to know if that incentive applies for all U.S territories so I can qualify locally. And I strongly recommend limiting that incentive only to U.S. brands (Ford, GM, and Tesla plus the newcomers), not for the foreign brands since as far as I know none of their own nations (such as Japan and South Korea) give incentives to U.S. brands sold there.

If the Feds needs a source to pay for this incentive, just take away all oil incentives, and let the oil and gas prices adjust their prices by marketing.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
the thing is how long will it drag out and how many tesla people waiting and not buying and put it off. Could hurt sales for a while the more it drags out or if it doesn't happen.
As the competition grows, Tesla could lose its leadership. They have to lower prices and build more service shops, since their service coverage is scarce (there is none here in Puerto Rico). I know that Ford still has plenty of tax credit available for Mach-E buyers, but only good for those who pay over $7,500 in Federal taxes (I never pay that tax).

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
As the competition grows, Tesla could lose its leadership. They have to lower prices and build more service shops, since their service coverage is scarce (there is none here in Puerto Rico). I knw that Ford still has plenty of tax credit available for Mach-E buyers, but only good for those who pay over $7,500 in Federal taxes (I never pay that tax).
yep that goes for all trying to use the credit.

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I'll be honest. This with the price cut on the SR MY has me thinking. I've driven both cars, they're both great. MME has a nicer ride, in my opinion, though.
Sponsored