eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Definite doesn't happen cause you don't see it. Some fine logic.
Also definite doesn't happen because you did see it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'm also not the one making a blanket statement on a group of drivers based on my own anecdotal evidence.

By that logic from the original reply to this post, one can also suggest that people wearing tight t-shirts block chargers. But that would be ridiculous, just as the original suggestion that Tesla drivers block chargers would be.
Sponsored

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is clearly a more practical solution....
Unless you are intentionally throttling rollout... which Tesla is. That is why they are retrofitting instead of selling adapters.
Again, technically very expensive due to the differing communication protocols. Why don't we have USB to Firewire adapters? or USB to Ethernet adapters commonplace?

I don't see adapters being cost-effective for anybody. I'm not pay $1K for an adapter. Heck... not even $500.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Instead of retrofitting, I would like to think that Tesla makes a CCS to Tesla adapter that a CCS owner can buy and use at a Super Charger.
Common sense would lead one to believe a simple adapter would be all that is needed. Until you remember the Supercharger dispensers are all designed for backing into the stall and the charge port always being the same distance away. Even in a Tesla I find the cable to be so short I have to back all the way up to the curb.

Unfortunately for other EV drivers, these stations will need to be retrofitted - unless you're driving an EV that the existing cord can reach.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Also definite doesn't happen because you did see it. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'm also not the one making a blanket statement on a group of drivers based on my own anecdotal evidence.

By that logic from the original reply to this post, one can also suggest that people wearing tight t-shirts block chargers. But that would be ridiculous, just as the original suggestion that Tesla drivers blow chargers would be.
Now you're getting it.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
nonsense

an adapter to let a tesla DCFC at a CCS station costs $180.

https://ev-lectron.com/products/lec...MI4erM_fGX_QIVGRmtBh1jyAjfEAQYAyABEgL1X_D_BwE
Nonsense.

That's the one for Teslas with the CCS ECU built in. It's a $350 retrofit for pre-2021 Teslas.

This is the one for Teslas without the CCS hardware built in (i.e older Model S and Model X cars). Was $669 (higher in the past)

https://ev-lectron.com/collections/...ith-ccs-type-1-chargers-for-tesla-owners-only

"REGULAR FIRMWARE UPDATES - This adapter will stay up-to-date with the latest CCS and Tesla charging technology and protocols."

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

By that logic from the original reply to this post, one can also suggest that people wearing tight t-shirts block chargers. But that would be ridiculous, just as the original suggestion that Tesla drivers block chargers would be.
I'll ignore the straw man and just say It's a question of statistical probability. Asserting that it NEVER happens is based on your either not noticing or not seeing it happen - which I'll chalk up as being consistent with the small fraction of Tesla owners who exhibit a lack of consideration. It is also true that a portion of any segment of the population will be inconsiderate - such as ICE (and CCS EV) drivers who also treat charging stalls as parking spaces. That small fraction can change due to circumstances - such as Tesla owners being inconvenienced by CCS cars taking the last supercharger. At that point it can change from a careless disregard to an intentional action.

If you really don't believe it happens (or will) you are not a very good student of human nature

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
If you really don't believe it happens (or will) you are not a very good student of human nature
Nowhere in any of this conversation did I ever say it never happens. My reply was simply over a blanket statement on a certain segment of drivers. That's it.

Sometimes thoughts like this get turned into something they're not when being read off a screen.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Nowhere in any of this conversation did I ever say it never happens. My reply was simply over a blanket statement on a certain segment of drivers. That's it.

Sometimes thoughts like this get turned into something they're not when being read off a screen.
That's absolutely fair and I apologize if I mistook your intentions.

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
While I'm skeptical that government statements like this are any more than just general sales pitch devoid of detail, I do hope that the rollout is almost entirely road trip route (between cities) rather than urban. There's usually other CCS backup option in most cities already (except for a few remaining states). It's the road trip coverage that needs to expand. Even if SCs are just a backup to the CCS networks.
100% agree. I don't road trip very often at all (maybe once a year at most) but I'm not interested it doing it in the EV. Now if the charging frequency/availability was improved by adding Tesla's system into the mix, I'd be more inclined to take the EV.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
That's absolutely fair and I apologize if I mistook your intentions.
no prob. All an expectation of forums/social media that sometimes ends up in an argument over nothing.

Honestly, I'm just irritated with my Tesla and want the MME to arrive already. I want out of the Tesla bubble but I still have awhile to wait.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
So 2 at each Supercharger location? Wow good luck using one of those.
Might have better luck than EA chargers give Teslas tend to be al lot more reliable.

TheSleepyDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB GTPE
Country flag
I have a really novel idea, why don't they just build more chargers nationwide instead of worrying about sucking the tits of Tesla? 🤔 Yeah, that's the ticket, put in enough chargers so the whole Tesla charger debacle is a non issue, yeah, that might work! :rolleyes:
People need to understand that it isn't the government who is sucking Tesla's tits, but Tesla sucking the government's. Sure the government is likely encouraging the move, but the only reason Tesla is even considering opening up superchargers is because there's free government money on the line. So much of Elon's businesses are built on the back of taxpayer money.

MHouse

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cyber Orange Std. Prem.
Occupation
Project Manager - Electric Vehicles
Country flag
I wish there were more details to share about Canada Superchargers, but I'll take any movement on this.

Generally happy to see this, but with the WH giving guidance as to what is required to get funding to support installations, I'm hoping the whole industry moves forward to attain the same level of comfort and convenience that Tesla Superchargers offer.
Sponsored