Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Macheforum.com= Ford Mustang Mach E enthusiasts, and community geared around helping each other to enjoy and get the best from their vehicles. It's getting watered down by the "Model Y blah blah blah" . You are on the wrong site!?
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
While academically interesting to read their points of view, Iā€™m not sure why they bother. Posting pictures of exponential curves as if they represent some kind of realistic representation of an economic trend that will go on into the indefinite future is ā€¦ unrealistic and naive. Talking about expensive machines that press an entire car at once is again ā€¦ naive (and Iā€™ll leave it as an exercise to the interested reader to come up with two quick reasons why).
But it is fun to watch them try.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla raises prices: OMG demand is so high they are raising prices, exponential growth!!! Traditional auto is screwed! People want Teslas so much they can make a huge margin and fund their growth! Stock price goes up.

Tesla has a fire sale to clear unsold inventory: omg Tesla is going to destroy traditional auto with their brilliant move to take all market share with cheap prices! Stock price goes up.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Imagine projecting one's own insecurities onto a forum specifically made to compare and contrast 1 model with all others. Why be tribal in thinking? That skewed perspective is breaking societal interactions and should be shunned. If one is set in their ways, so be it, but to take issue with the very specific activity of furthering one's understandings, well, that's silly.

I'd probably suggest anyone not wanting to hear about your vehicle's or its manufacturer's shortcomings, to stay away from the very specific area, made to do just that. Particularly against competition.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Like it or not, Tesla is and will continue to be the EV benchmark for the foreseeable future. We can bury our heads in the sand and sing the MMEā€™s praises or look for improvement opportunities by benchmarking against the competition.

I worked for an OEM that brainwashed us into hating Toyota ā€” cars are ugly, transportation appliances, uninspiring, and made for people who werenā€™t car guys. Sounds familiar? Well, we went bankrupt. I wonā€™t bury my head in the sand again.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Imagine projecting one's own insecurities onto a forum specifically made to compare and contrast 1 model with all others. Why be tribal in thinking? That skewed perspective is breaking societal interactions and should be shunned. If one is set in their ways, so be it, but to take issue with the very specific activity of furthering one's understandings, well, that's silly.

I'd probably suggest anyone not wanting to hear about your vehicle's or its manufacturer's shortcomings, to stay away from the very specific area, made to do just that. Particularly against competition.
If youā€™d spend a few seconds looking around here, youā€™ll find a very vocal group of Mustang Mach E critics, eager to point out to FoMoCo every trivial flaw of the Mustang Mach E (such as the lack of a remote frunk release for MY 21 J1 almost 2 years on šŸ˜”) The difference is that we donā€™t have altars of Ford Motor Company set up in our homes, treat every word uttered by Bill Ford as if it were holy gospel, and wage Jihad on anyone who dare criticizes any actions of Ford Motor Company or itā€™s employees. Not do we wander the internet, pumping the stock incessantly, like some penny-stock boiler room operators.
I have buddies whoā€™ve done quite well on Tesla stock (and have never owned a Tesla, but worship their lord Elon, and I mean that quite literally). Iā€™m very happy for their success - I just hope, as Jim Cramer Says, they ā€œrang the cash registerā€ occasionally while it was on the way up.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I
Like it or not, Tesla is and will continue to be the EV benchmark for the foreseeable future. We can bury our heads in the sand and sing the MMEā€™s praises or look for improvement opportunities by benchmarking against the competition.

I worked for an OEM that brainwashed us into hating Toyota ā€” cars are ugly, transportation appliances, uninspiring, and made for people who werenā€™t car guys. Sounds familiar? Well, we went bankrupt. I wonā€™t bury my head in the sand again.
dang, which one?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I simply use the Ignore function to either ignore the whole thread, or the person posting the stuff, and move on. Life is too short.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
As a former Tesla owner I know that the brand has its irrational fanbois. I am not one of them and only purchased the T-car when I did because at the time they were pretty much the only game in town. Thankfully that is no longer the case, although the fanbois persist. As I always have, I ignore them.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If youā€™d spend a few seconds looking around here, youā€™ll find a very vocal group of Mustang Mach E critics, eager to point out to FoMoCo every trivial flaw of the Mustang Mach E (such as the lack of a remote frunk release for MY 21 J1 almost 2 years on šŸ˜”) The difference is that we donā€™t have altars of Ford Motor Company set up in our homes, treat every word uttered by Bill Ford as if it were holy gospel, and wage Jihad on anyone who dare criticizes any actions of Ford Motor Company or itā€™s employees. Not do we wander the internet, pumping the stock incessantly, like some penny-stock boiler room operators.
I have buddies whoā€™ve done quite well on Tesla stock (and have never owned a Tesla, but worship their lord Elon, and I mean that quite literally). Iā€™m very happy for their success - I just hope, as Jim Cramer Says, they ā€œrang the cash registerā€ occasionally while it was on the way up.
I see a lot of reasonable criticism on this forum and a lot of criticism that is comparing a first gen product against a more mature EV company. What the Tesla trolls seem to be missing is how close this first gen product is to what Tesla is doing now and took them longer to do. What is missing that Ford canā€™t implement in the next 5 years? Main thing would be the charging networks but thatā€™s about all I can think of