Tesla wins loyalty award after toppling Ford's 12 years!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not to mention all the dealer ADM shenanigans as well, I know several folks who walked from Ford (outside this forum).
I definitely think it's dealer shenanigans. Kia and Hyundai have poor satisfaction ratings after sale.

https://www.cbtnews.com/kia-dealerships-place-last-in-customer-sales-satisfaction/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...n-for-car-dealerships-j-d-power-study.667390/

And it's probably due to markups and lack of benefits for paying said markup.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I suspect this is just a numbers game - Tesla finally has a big enough base to surpass the F-150 and Mustang enthusiasts.

Otherwise, it’s kinda surprising that Tesla is only now snagging this. Tesla ownership - at least what is self-represented online - is a cult. If anything, you’d think Tesla would have crushed this the last 10 years and only recently relinquished it as the virtue-signalers abandon Elon due to his free speech stance.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I definitely think it's dealer shenanigans. Kia and Hyundai have poor satisfaction ratings after sale.

https://www.cbtnews.com/kia-dealerships-place-last-in-customer-sales-satisfaction/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ki...n-for-car-dealerships-j-d-power-study.667390/

And it's probably due to markups and lack of benefits for paying said markup.
It's funny you mentioned that.

Went to both Kia and Hyundai dealers for test drives and the Hyundai rep said their warranty and customer satisfaction is better than their sister company: Kia.

Both of them still asking for over MSRP even now when the market has imploded.

Plus Hyundai is passing the $7500 credit to you but charging a higher MF and reduced RV on their leases. Such a sneaky move!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
"as some customers were apparently enticed to switch brands with so few choices on dealer lots"

2023. Where 'I had no other choice' = losing brand loyalty.

I'll admit. I almost bought a M3 again, because they were available and reasonably priced.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
"as some customers were apparently enticed to switch brands with so few choices on dealer lots"

I'll admit. I almost bought a M3 again, because they were available and reasonably priced.
I absolutely loathe Tesla leadership and it's still my last choice, but if I I needed an EV fast, I'd probably snag one too, it's just easier to get them. I'd be really annoyed because no CarPlay and all that, but it would be better than going to an ICE

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

When I was shopping for an EV6 and Ioniq 5 back in Jan/Feb 2022 (a year ago!)... I met a lot of random other potential buyers who were also looking at the Korean EVs because Mach-Es were unavailable (or $10K markup) and Tesla wait times were 8-12 months. Availability is how I ended up with an ID.4 back in the summer of 2021... because nothing else was on the lot.

And at the time Ford was telling me my Mach-E would be 26 weeks away so I was hoping for a April delivery (lol) since I ordered early Oct.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I mean I kinda get it. Ford has been riding off the coattails of the F150 and Mustang to pull its weight. While F150 is still popular, it has gotten to the point of saturation and the latest issues with dealer mark ups and other shenanigans isn't really helping out. As far as Mustangs go, it is still popular however, Tesla has been killing it when it comes to the sales of EV. Part of the reason why I went with a GT since literally everyone in my neighborhood has a Tesla now.

Also, their fanbase is the most rabid on the internet and will defend the brand as if someone is coming after their family lol.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
But I wouldn't say it's swayed my loyalty.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesla wins loyalty award after toppling Ford's 12 years! IMG_4113
Sponsored