Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Any guesses what Tesla will reveal next week? Do you think it is just more Elon hype? Is there anything they could reveal that would make you cancel your Mach-E order?

I'm thinking it is just more hype. And any breakthroughs they announce will still be in the "early stages" and won't make it into production cars for a couple of years (in Elon time).
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My guess is the news will be that Tesla has much greater battery manufacturing capacity than previously expected. Possibly associated with an increase in power density.

If that is the case, then Tesla might also consider offering their component platform to other manufacturers to build on. From Elon's point of view.... that would be a much easier way to grow the company's revenue with the least amount of design and development costs.

I guess we all will find out in a few days though...

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
I found this video on Tesla's tabless battery patent interesting. My main takeaway is that, even without radical new cell chemistries, there are areas for meaningful battery improvement. The results could be some combination of reduced cost, increased range, faster charge times, better battery life, etc. I wouldn't cancel my Mach-E reservation but I'm anticipating a reduced resale value due to such technology improvements.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
I expect perhaps better energy density, and almost certainly some cost savings (which is why this is aimed at shareholders).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I think there was a Mercedes-Tesla venture as well. Probably one or two others that I am not aware of. I just think that Tesla's sweet spot is the EV drivetrain and convenience technology. Actually building a quality car.....not so much. A legacy auto maker would do well if there was a Tesla skateboard available to build their car around. Could be interesting way for companies like GM or Dodge to get in the game. By the time they realize they missed the bus the station will be gone too.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Their drivetrains are average at best, even below average. No one will buy them.

Now their drivetrain controllers are really good, as are there battery management controls. Those they could sell. Of course, if they do that, they have absolutely no competitive advantage. So here we are.
Sponsored