• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Considering getting the Tesla Tap as it appears it is back on sale (via Reddit: )

Just curious for those who use the mini- how difficult is it to plug/unplug? Some reviews seem to indicate it can get stuck. It sounds like the high power version does not have this issue.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just curious for those who use the mini- how difficult is it to plug/unplug? Some reviews seem to indicate it can get stuck. It sounds like the high power version does not have this issue.
Itā€˜s easy to plug and unplug from the car, but the Tesla end is very tight. I usually end up standing on the cable and using both hands to pull it off.

OP
OP
OrchidMania

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Itā€˜s easy to plug and unplug from the car, but the Tesla end is very tight. I usually end up standing on the cable and using both hands to pull it off.
Buy the Chemex silicon lube for $.99 if you are already paying for shipping. That is suppose to make it much easier.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Buy the Chemex silicon lube for $.99 if you are already paying for shipping. That is suppose to make it much easier.
It came with a little tube of it when I bought it. But I donā€™t really want to use anything that can make a mess in the car or get on my hands when Iā€™m using the adapter. Iā€™d rather just stand on the Tesla cable.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I tested mine, and had no issue removing it without lube. :p

OP
OP
OrchidMania

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
It came with a little tube of it when I bought it. But I donā€™t really want to use anything that can make a mess in the car or get on my hands when Iā€™m using the adapter. Iā€™d rather just stand on the Tesla cable.
I just looked in my box. No lube.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
I bought the Lectron. We have 8 tesla wall chargers at work and it only works with 2 of the chargers. Of course it is the 2 that are the furthest from my office. Lecton said they will ship me a replacement but that they have never had a fault unit or a return. We'll see if they actually send me a new unit.
Any updates? Iā€™ve got a Lectron on order. Wondering if there are any tangible advantages to the Tesla tap from a charger compatibility standpoint.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
Sorry about that. They did send a new unit and it operated the same. I went on a road trip and stayed at a hotel that has gen 2 Tesla destination chargers. Both worked great.
my work has gen3. Gen 3 has a software setting that allows any car or teslas only or specific Tesla VINs. I head that after a software update, the chargers sometimes set themselves to Tesla only. My guess is Tesla tap or Lectron would not work in these cases.

regardless, if the charger is unlocked, the Lectron adapter worked great and I charged for free w nights in a row saving me about $40-$50 in fees. worth it.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Sad that I missed out on this promotion, does anyone know if there will be another one soon or perhaps know of some current discount codes?
Sponsored