John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Only n Canada do we get ripped off on imports. Wonder if these are available from a Canadian dealer there is one in Kitchener, ON?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Small warning, the TeslaTap people had a website breach of some kind where the attackers have gained access to AT LEAST their customer service question submission data and email addresses, because Iā€™ve been getting hella phishing/credit card attempts with the text I sent in a question to them once from dozens of different email addresses, different wording on the phishing templates, etc. I called and let them know, but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if they had more.

OP
OP
Northofnine

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
My Update:
I eventually received my Tesla Tap mini 60amp...it got lost within USPS.
I have actually used it twice since it arrived. Happy to have it.
Took some time to find the proper padlock. ended up with a 5mm thick, that was still a bit tight...I ended up using a drill bit on the adapter to open the hole up a bit.
The Tesla charger fits very tight into the adapter. The recommended grease helped.

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Small warning, the TeslaTap people had a website breach of some kind where the attackers have gained access to AT LEAST their customer service question submission data and email addresses, because Iā€™ve been getting hella phishing/credit card attempts with the text I sent in a question to them once from dozens of different email addresses, different wording on the phishing templates, etc. I called and let them know, but it wouldnā€™t surprise me if they had more.
Good to know, I chose not to buy from them after seeing how amateurish their website is (they use a template someone else designed). I don't think the person running the website is very tech savvy, so it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't kept up with critical security updates. They probably had no idea there was a breach, and may lack the knowledge to fix it.

I think they have a good product, but they need to hire a pro webmaster.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I bought my TeslaTap Mini 60-amp adapter from Evanex, which is far more secure than the TeslaTap website itself. I use it all the time at home, since I already had a Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage. The adapter is a tight fit but is well-engineered and works perfectly.

Unlike Teslas, the MME doesn't automatically lock the plug in, so a small padlock is necessary if you want to secure the charging cable to the car.

Anyone that has regular access to a Tesla Wall Charger (commonly used by hotels and other venues as Destination Chargers) should consider the TeslaTap adapter. But remember to buy a 60-amp model; the 40-amp model can't be used safely for continuous charging at 40 amps and higher.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TeslaTap mini 60 amp Tesla Tap Mini
Ford Mustang Mach-E TeslaTap mini 60 amp Tesla Tap Charger

OP
OP
Northofnine

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
I bought my TeslaTap Mini 60-amp adapter from Evanex, which is far more secure than the TeslaTap website itself. I use it all the time at home, since I already had a Tesla Wall Charger installed in my garage. The adapter is a tight fit but is well-engineered and works perfectly.

Unlike Teslas, the MME doesn't automatically lock the plug in, so a small padlock is necessary if you want to secure the charging cable to the car.

Anyone that has regular access to a Tesla Wall Charger (commonly used by hotels and other venues as Destination Chargers) should consider the TeslaTap adapter. But remember to buy a 60-amp model; the 40-amp model can't be used safely for continuous charging at 40 amps and higher.

Have you had any luck getting the other padlock in?
Once the Tesla charger plug is inserted into the adapter, the hole is not totally visible.
So far I have not been able to!

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Have you had any luck getting the other padlock in?
Once the Tesla charger plug is inserted into the adapter, the hole is not totally visible.
So far I have not been able to!
I haven't tried that lock. My main concern is preventing theft of the $250 adapter, which the single lock on top will do.

GA dream car

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Biotechnology
Country flag
My Update:
I eventually received my Tesla Tap mini 60amp...it got lost within USPS.
I have actually used it twice since it arrived. Happy to have it.
Took some time to find the proper padlock. ended up with a 5mm thick, that was still a bit tight...I ended up using a drill bit on the adapter to open the hole up a bit.
The Tesla charger fits very tight into the adapter. The recommended grease helped.

what grease is recommended? Thanks šŸ˜€

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was concerned about their security also. The website as you noted is not professional. In addition, I got phishing emails even when emailing directly with the owner, which he promptly denied was an issue on his end. I used a credit card that adds up to 2 years of warranty, and will be watching it for issues, but specifically used PayPal to pay for that very reason.