John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E FE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I left Rosie in the sun while I cleaned out my garage today, and so I figured it was a good time to test out the Tesmanian shade that I purchased in April. (https://www.tesmanian.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade)

It is a perfect fit:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesmanian Mach-E Sunshade review IMG_3738

Blocks the sun quite well:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesmanian Mach-E Sunshade review IMG_3737

It's easy to put in via these clips:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesmanian Mach-E Sunshade review IMG_3741

And comes with a full sized silver reflective blocker as well:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesmanian Mach-E Sunshade review IMG_3739
Ford Mustang Mach-E Tesmanian Mach-E Sunshade review IMG_3740

It works exactly as advertised and I'm leave it on for a while to see if it actually blocks some of the heat. I'll post updates as needed. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Macotak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD ER on order 3/29/21; 2017 Chev Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I left Rosie in the sun while I cleaned out my garage today, and so I figured it was a good time to test out the Tesmanian shade that I purchased in April. (https://www.tesmanian.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade)

It is a perfect fit:

Blocks the sun quite well:

It's easy to put in via these clips:

And comes with a full sized silver reflective blocker as well:

It works exactly as advertised and I'm leave it on for a while to see if it actually blocks some of the heat. I'll post updates as needed. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.
Thanks for the info! I have my shade, but my car is still 30 days from delivery, so good to know the shade fits well.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got mine a couple of weeks ago, it makes a huge difference in the Phoenix heat! I put the solar reflector on as well and will not take it off until late fall. I also put the magnets in the middle of the roof (one front and one back), otherwise it sags quite a bit with the solar reflector also installed.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Does anyone have a picture of what the magnet mount sticker thingies look like on the top without the shade in place? I bought this too but I am hesitant to put the magnets on because it seems strange to have a couple of round things stuck to the top glass when the the shade is not up...

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Any chance of getting 2 Mach-E’s together to see what the difference in temperature is with or without this shade? It would be interesting to see how good the low-e coating on the glass rood actually is.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
maybe I am just stupid, but it took me a little while to figure out how to install this. At first I tried to just slot the clips into the ceiling/glass interface, but they were too loose and just kept falling out. Then finally I put the clips on the shade first and just jimmied them into their positions. I haven't yet tried the magnets, not sure if I want to or not. I wish this was a retractable feature like my audi....

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Does anyone have a picture of what the magnet mount sticker thingies look like on the top without the shade in place? I bought this too but I am hesitant to put the magnets on because it seems strange to have a couple of round things stuck to the top glass when the the shade is not up...
don't have a pic, but it is not really a big deal. I do wish they weren't tape stuck to the glass since they can't be removed and replaced without scraping and adding more double stick tape. The worst part bof this is that the clips fall off easily when taking the panel in and out and WILL get lost eventually. They should probably pack a few extras.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Our car has not seen that much sun yet since we are in our monsoon season!! At least the pano roof does NOT leak!! I would probably consider getting one of these if we lived in Phoenix!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Any chance of getting 2 Mach-E’s together to see what the difference in temperature is with or without this shade? It would be interesting to see how good the low-e coating on the glass rood actually is.
Agreed - since my car seems no hotter than any other car I've had with a steel roof, I'm not sure the shade would make much difference

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Agreed - since my car seems no hotter than any other car I've had with a steel roof, I'm not sure the shade would make much difference
Getting my windows tint done Tuesday and a front stripe. I asked about doing a tint on the sunroof and he said it's not needed. He pointed out again the front windshield is where the heat comes in from.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Getting my windows tint done Tuesday and a front stripe. I asked about doing a tint on the sunroof and he said it's not needed. He pointed out again the front windshield is where the heat comes in from.
I think the front side windows are definitely where a lot of the heat comes from because those are uncoated. Unfortunately in new jersey you cannot add ANY tinting to the windshield or front side windows

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
I am intrigued by this but worried it will be more trouble than its worth to put up and take down on any regular frequency.

I had a glass roof on my 12 Mustang GT and the manual built-in roller shade tensioner broke several time and therefore was always sagging a looked terrible.

With sitting in the heat it seems like this will start sagging too and probably really needs some center ribs/bows, but that would make it even more cumbersome to put up and down. Another idea would be a center mounted suction cup with magnets on it and the shade but that would leave rings on the glass. Actually I would prefer magnets around the perimeter vs the clips.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It made a huge difference for me. Now the side window bothers me more because they used to be more equal. I don't know or care what the temp difference is. All I know is before the sun coming through was felt, and now not, even without the extra layer in stalled in the cover. It made me decide to get tint on my front windows when my GT comes in. Great product. Fair price. And the two magnets are needed, but they don't bother me.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I purchased one for longer road trips, works well, easy to install, not perfect fit but damn close (there is a small gap around the rear fitment.) I haven't used the magnets as I didn't find them necessary for a few days use, but nice design (the silver/chrome should "disappear" on the glass as they act as a mirror.) Nice to have the blackout piece, but the shade worked well enough it didn't seem necessary.

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
I also bought this from the website mentioned in the op and it's great. But it's also sold on amazon for half the price and seems to be the exact same product here Mach-E sunshade
Sponsored