Test drive of the Audi E-tron.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
There is a lot of etrons sitting on the lots here in OC CA. The dealer's are emailing multiple times a day for a test drive. I might go down and test drive today. I just wish the MME had a decent lease deal. I would for sure get it.
Lots in the NYC area too. One dealer offered me 7% off before Audi incentives without any negotiation. If I can get 10% off before incentives that will make it real easy to jump ship for an E tron Premium Plus.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Lots in the NYC area too. One dealer offered me 7% off before Audi incentives without any negotiation. If I can get 10% off before incentives that will make it real easy to jump ship for an E tron Premium Plus.
You'd be doing everyone a favor. The MME is supply challenged while the e-tron is demand challenged. If you switch it will let someone else have the MME -- making them happy -- and you will reduce the inventory of the Audi dealer -- making them happy. If you're happy it's a win-win-win.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I was just comparing the prices available to me. Ends up closer than I would have thought.

Very hard to compare them feature for feature, the things you mentioned would require going up to a more expensive trim on the Audi, but then Audi has the big advantage in ride quality and interior quality. I have had a few Audis and in my experience no one (short of RR, Bentley etc) does an interior as nicely, every switch is nicely backlit and perfectly damped, the doors close with a nice solid thud, the glovebox/center console lids are nicely damped etc.
Just putting it out there...the Volvo XC90 recharge inscription interior is very high-quality.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
it was a fair callout actually. not everyone wants that info on a public forum or necessarily associated with their account here.
Rather than call attention to it, perhaps they should make use of private message for warning next time.

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Rather than call attention to it, perhaps make use of private message for warning next time.
that's also fair.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Just putting it out there...the Volvo XC90 recharge inscription interior is very high-quality.
Yeah, Volvo did a great job with the interiors on the XC90. This car is for my wife - she wants a full electric.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Yeah, Volvo did a great job with the interiors on the XC90. This car is for my wife - she wants a full electric.
I also ordered the MME for myself. I was attracted to the styling And the fact I can fit a ton of sports gear in the trunk, tbh. I wanted practical and sporty. I love that it’s an EV even though I have zero experience with one.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
We seriously looked at the e-tron as a backup option to our MME (which we did eventually purchase earlier this month.) Agree with a lot of what the OP said about ride, tech, etc. A few negatives that we found:
1) To get the active lane assist, you need at least premium plus
2) The backseat feels like it has less legroom than the MME
3) Agree with the frunk comment - it is basically useless
4) A bit "meh" in the styling front. It is a nice looking SUV, for sure, but my wife liked the MME as a better looking vehicle.

ZCulture

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
We seriously looked at the e-tron as a backup option to our MME (which we did eventually purchase earlier this month.) Agree with a lot of what the OP said about ride, tech, etc. A few negatives that we found:
1) To get the active lane assist, you need at least premium plus
2) The backseat feels like it has less legroom than the MME
3) Agree with the frunk comment - it is basically useless
4) A bit "meh" in the styling front. It is a nice looking SUV, for sure, but my wife liked the MME as a better looking vehicle.
1) No, you need a Convenience Package on Premium. Most E-tron's on the lot have active lane assist. MSRP of this is $70K with $15K discount easily in SF Bay Area.
3) Frunk is small because there's a jack underneath. Yes, E-tron comes with a spare tire, a rarity these days but great for peace of mind during road trips. Frunk is large enough for food takeaways. It is the manual open that I dislike.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I was having lots of trouble finding an in-stock MME over the past couple of weeks, so I started poking around and considered the e-tron for a bit. I didnt get around to driving it, but while it certainly seems like an awesome and premium car, the price differential was way too much in the end.

I loved the MME on paper because it looked like a sporty, premium car. For me to replicate that on the e-tron meant I definitely wanted the sportback version. The msrp quickly jumped to $75k or more on that version. Even after factoring in potential dealer discounts, I was still sitting at $70k for a sportback etron vs $55k for an MME premium.

If the MME had been priced higher (or if the etron had been priced $5-10k lower), I might have rethought my decision. But the novelty of having the first ever Mustang SUV + the fact that the MME is such a solid overall vehicle made my choice easy in the end.

Reactions: ARK

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
My fe is taking so long to get here I might just jump ship to Audi... I really want the grabber blue MME but patience is getting thin soon. Was fall then year end then winter now maybe spring...
Ok I take it back. Omg omg Just got mine!! in Seattle area Monday (arrived dealer Friday) but I haven’t had time to post anything. They’re definitely arriving and my dealer was shocked it arrived bc tracker was useless. Btw I was built 12/21/20 and then sat in Mexico forever..
Sponsored