Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I've been trying to find a local dealer that has a Mach E on the lot so I can test drive it before mine comes in. My dealer still doesn't know when their unit will arrive... but I have discovered that Crossroads Ford in Apex has two cars on their lot available for sale and test drives. I'm planning on heading out there Saturday to drive one, if they haven't been sold by then.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I've been trying to find a local dealer that has a Mach E on the lot so I can test drive it before mine comes in. My dealer still doesn't know when their unit will arrive... but I have discovered that Crossroads Ford in Apex has two cars on their lot available for sale and test drives. I'm planning on heading out there Saturday to drive one, if they haven't been sold by then.
This will probably sound like kidding but I'm not - call before leaving home. Multiple reports on here about cars being turned around that fast as dealers...

OP
OP
Thevanin

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Yeah. The plan is to call on Friday and Saturday morning to confirm they're still there. The dealership already let me know that they don't expect these to last long.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Yeah. The plan is to call on Friday and Saturday morning to confirm they're still there. The dealership already let me know that they don't expect these to last long.
Yep, I scheduled a test drive here in Colorado last Thursday at 10am for that afternoon. The dealer called back a couple hours later and said it sold!

But, I'd love to hear of LaFayette or Crown Ford in Fayetteville getting a Mach-E for test drives. My brother wants to check it out.

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I test drove the Mach E at Crossroads Ford Apex on Friday 02/12 and they still had the car there on Saturday 02/13. They had 3 Mach E's in total when I was there (2 customer cars) and 1 that was available for test drives. Best of luck!

SlimVedder

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, 2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Country flag
I test drove a MME Premium AWD ER at Copper Ford in Carthage, NC.

SlimVedder

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Country flag
Yep, I scheduled a test drive here in Colorado last Thursday at 10am for that afternoon. The dealer called back a couple hours later and said it sold!

But, I'd love to hear of LaFayette or Crown Ford in Fayetteville getting a Mach-E for test drives. My brother wants to check it out.
I visited Lafayette Ford and the MME they have is a service loaner only. I joked and asked to get my F-150 serviced and if I could take the MME and they said I could if it was going to be there overnight. I verified that Crown Ford does not have any MME in stock. Let your brother know that I live in the area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thevanin

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I actually went to Green Ford in GSO for my test drive. It was a pretty good experience. I was really impressed with the car. The only downside was that the magnetic dealer plate fell off as I was getting up to speed on the highway, so we had to cut our test drive short. All in all it helped to clear up some of my concerns and made waiting the 2-3 weeks for my delivery that much harder.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually went to Green Ford in GSO for my test drive. It was a pretty good experience. I was really impressed with the car. The only downside was that the magnetic dealer plate fell off as I was getting up to speed on the highway, so we had to cut our test drive short. All in all it helped to clear up some of my concerns and made waiting the 2-3 weeks for my delivery that much harder.
Haha I know what you mean! My test drive caused me to buy a FE that I found instead of waiting on my GT reservation.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I visited Lafayette Ford and the MME they have is a service loaner only. I joked and asked to get my F-150 serviced and if I could take the MME and they said I could if it was going to be there overnight. I can check Crown Ford too. Let your brother know that I live in the area.
Cool. Will do. That's where I'm from originally and my 3 brothers all live there.

SlimVedder

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Country flag
I decided to stay in the area after retiring from the Army, but I did ponder moving to Colo. too.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I test drove the Mach E at Crossroads Ford Apex on Friday 02/12 and they still had the car there on Saturday 02/13. They had 3 Mach E's in total when I was there (2 customer cars) and 1 that was available for test drives. Best of luck!
How did it drive?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Curious if you noticed any of that buzzing noise others have experienced? Or bouncy ride syndrome?

OP
OP
Thevanin

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I've had my car for a week and test drove the demo cars in Greensboro and in Kernersville. I have no complaints about the ride. I really like it. My last car was a Focus, so take these impressions with a grain of salt, but it felt pretty good on the twisty roads I could find (W/NW loop around Belews Lake was the best I could find) while also feeling really comfortable on the highway. However, I do notice it bounce a lot when I go over speed bumps... kinda feel bad when I have my dog in the back.

As for the buzzing noise, I didn't notice it when I drove the GSO demo. But, mine and the Kernersville demo car do. I brought this issue up with my dealer and just heard today that they got the OK to replace the display.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had my car for a week and test drove the demo cars in Greensboro and in Kernersville. I have no complaints about the ride. I really like it. My last car was a Focus, so take these impressions with a grain of salt, but it felt pretty good on the twisty roads I could find (W/NW loop around Belews Lake was the best I could find) while also feeling really comfortable on the highway. However, I do notice it bounce a lot when I go over speed bumps... kinda feel bad when I have my dog in the back.

As for the buzzing noise, I didn't notice it when I drove the GSO demo. But, mine and the Kernersville demo car do. I brought this issue up with my dealer and just heard today that they got the OK to replace the display.
Good news. Hope you can continue to keep your MMe while waiting for the replacement display.
I hear you about the ride, thanks; very helpful. Give you doggie a pet on the head.
Sponsored