Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I met with my dealer on Friday to go over my order and what comes next. Unsurprisingly, he didn't have many specific details about schedules or anything, but he did bring up a good point. Since NC isn't a CARB state he didn't know if/when he would get a Mach E to use for test drives or as a loaner car. He mentioned that those were being prioritized. By comparison, he already knew that he was getting two Broncos to use as loaners.

This won't impact my order, but it could make actually sitting in the car before buying it harder than expected. He mentioned that I might need to go to another dealer for a test drive once vehicles are available.
Sponsored

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I met with my dealer on Friday to go over my order and what comes next. Unsurprisingly, he didn't have many specific details about schedules or anything, but he did bring up a good point. Since NC isn't a CARB state he didn't know if/when he would get a Mach E to use for test drives or as a loaner car. He mentioned that those were being prioritized. By comparison, he already knew that he was getting two Broncos to use as loaners.

This won't impact my order, but it could make actually sitting in the car before buying it harder than expected. He mentioned that I might need to go to another dealer for a test drive once vehicles are available.
At a minimum, when your ordered car arrives at your dealer, you will have the ability to check it out and test drive it before committing to actually purchasing it. I understand not the best situation. I do believe there will be many demo vehicles out there before most of us have our ordered vehicles arrive at the dealer (except for FE). Probably will go to dealers with the most orders first (not specifically related to CARB). CARB refers to the California Air Resources Board and the many other states that work with CARB on limiting air pollution.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

I find that surprising that the dealer does not know. It's very clearly listed in the Mach-E playbook that every EV certified dealer is allocated at least 1 test drive vehicle. The dealers are supposed to be ordering which trim level they want right now in July (no FE or GT but all others are open). The target production is supposed to be Q4 of 2020.

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

Can I ask which dealer you are working with in North Carolina? I'm also based in North Carolina in the Raleigh/Durham area and have ordered through University Ford Durham. Just trying to understand if your comment will impact me. And also, maybe we can compare NC dealer comments.

OP
OP
Thevanin

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I find that surprising that the dealer does not know. It's very clearly listed in the Mach-E playbook that every EV certified dealer is allocated at least 1 test drive vehicle. The dealers are supposed to be ordering which trim level they want right now in July (no FE or GT but all others are open). The target production is supposed to be Q4 of 2020.
Well that doesn't make me feel great.

I've been working with Crossroads Ford in Kernersville (between Winston-Salem in Greensboro). They've been pretty helpful but don't seem like they've been following the process that closely. I've asked about what comes next and their answers to pretty much everything was "I'll ask my Ford rep"
Sponsored