Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, First Edition rapid red
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
I test drove a premium AWD today. I really enjoyed it. It drove very well. I'm 6'2" and had plenty of room in the front seat. I did fit in the back seat but I don't think anyone taller would fit. The interior was very nice and the driver's seat very comfortable.

Updates:

That's great to hear!
How did this dealer get a test car when almost everyone is waiting?
Are you planning to order one based on this? Did you already have an order?
I haven't ordered one yet, but probably will. Dealers are getting these demonstration cars. They are not allowed to sell them for 4 months. This was the first dealer in my area to get one.

Would you please expand on "very well"?
It was very quick and had a lot of power. I wouldn't say it drove like a sports car, but it wasn't far from it. I was able to drive it on curvy roads and the interstate. I was going 65 and went to pass a car and it had plenty of power. I
Also, I haul my grandkids a lot so I actually put 3 booster seats on the rear seat. It was tight but they did fit. I wasn't brave enough to order a Mach E without driving it or seeing if I fit, but based on this drive, I probably will.

I've ridden in one but never driven one. Here are my 4 reasons I'm leaning toward a Mach E vs a model Y, which I know is a good car. I really like the body styling of the Mach E. I like having a view screen behind the steering wheel. I like getting a $7500 tax credit. My Ford dealer is 20 minutes away vs 4 hours for Tesla.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Test drove a Mach-E Premium AWD today IMG_5075
Ford Mustang Mach-E Test drove a Mach-E Premium AWD today IMG_5074

Last edited by a moderator:

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's great to hear!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I test drove a premium AWD today. I really enjoyed it. It drove very well.

OP
OP
jdk22

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
That's great to hear!
I haven't ordered one yet, but probably will. Dealers are getting these demonstration cars. They are not allowed to sell them for 4 months. This was the first dealer in my area to get one.

OP
OP
jdk22

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
It was very quick and had a lot of power. I wouldn't say it drove like a sports car, but it wasn't far from it. I was able to drive it on curvy roads and the interstate. I was going 65 and went to pass a car and it had plenty of power. I
Also, I haul my grandkids a lot so I actually put 3 booster seats on the rear seat. It was tight but they did fit. I wasn't brave enough to order a Mach E without driving it or seeing if I fit, but based on this drive, I probably will.

OP
OP
jdk22

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
Can you elaborate? Not to complain, but that review is only one notch above "fine"
See my expanded answer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
jdk22

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
I've ridden in one but never driven one. Here are my 4 reasons I'm leaning toward a Mach E vs a model Y, which I know is a good car. I really like the body styling of the Mach E. I like having a view screen behind the steering wheel. I like getting a $7500 tax credit. My Ford dealer is 20 minutes away vs 4 hours for Tesla.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
These are exactly the same top four reasons I put a deposit down on a Mach-E last week There are many more minor reasons. The Ford beat out the Toyota Venza and the Genesis GV80 as the car to replace our 2006 Lexus RX350.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
Where / who is the dealer?

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Bingo, although my Tesla dealer is quite a bit closer. {Jonathan}

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
I test drove a premium AWD today. I really enjoyed it. It drove very well. I'm 6'2" and had plenty of room in the front seat. I did fit in the back seat but I don't think anyone taller would fit. The interior was very nice and the driver's seat very comfortable.

Updates:

Is this a star white or space white? I feel foolish asking this question, but still please answer.

Chiefsfan

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS350
Country flag
These are exactly the same top four reasons I put a deposit down on a Mach-E last week There are many more minor reasons. The Ford beat out the Toyota Venza and the Genesis GV80 as the car to replace our 2006 Lexus RX350.
When do they expect you to receive your car?
Sponsored