EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I noticed they had a demo car at Morgan Hill Ford today so I took it for drive. Overall, my wife and I were very impressed. The unbridled mode was especially fun... as soon as it was enabled it felt like switching to manual mode with an engine braking kind of feel. The growl sound was nice too. It really handled well on the highway ramps too.

The first customer delivery was happening while I was there too.

I can't wait to take delivery ?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I noticed they had a demo car at Morgan Hill Ford today so I took it for drive. Overall, my wife and I were very impressed. The unbridled mode was especially fun... as soon as it was enabled it felt like switching to manual mode with an engine braking kind of feel. The growl sound was nice too. It really handled well on the highway ramps too.

More detail?

Which model/battery/drivetrain?
How'd it handle on highway/twisty road/compared to ____?
How'd you like the UI?
how'd the acceleration compared to ____?
How'd 1PD work in the 3 modes, in particular compared to ____?
What was your favorite thing?
Surprises?
disappointments?

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag

Haven't seen any other dealer in the Bay Area with a test drive vehicle -- going to visit them tomorrow for a drive!

OP
OP

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
More detail?

Which model/battery/drivetrain?
How'd it handle on highway/twisty road/compared to ____?
How'd you like the UI?
how'd the acceleration compared to ____?
How'd 1PD work in the 3 modes, in particular compared to ____?
What was your favorite thing?
Surprises?
disappointments?
I drove the Premium extended range AWD.

I have an electric Honda Civic that I converted that is setup for autocross, which isn't a good comparison, but I know what extreme handling feels like. I've also tried the Tesla M3 before. I also have a modified Fiat 500e that I've taken to the track. The Mach-e felt great. Stabbing the throttle into a tight right hand turn, it simply squated in the rear, chirped a little on the inside right front and took off through the corner. Maybe even a little kicking out in rear mid way through. Better tires might be beneficial and really push this chassis.

The UI is good, but I honestly didn't focus too much on it, as we wanted to focus on the driving. We tried the navigation, and the directions in the cluster were handy. I was really hunting for a dark mode.

The audio quality was great, but we were only listening to XM and there wasn't any music that really pushed the system. The front center speaker created a noticeably good sound image. I can't wait to play with it again.

I didn't try 1PD, but we did do all the modes. Unbridled was definitely the favorite for us. Whisper just seemed too quiet, but I suppose it will come in handy at times.

The favorite thing was the handling and the drive feel in Unbridled mode. The seats were also great! The seat heaters also cooked... I did not want to get out. The overall interior quality is really nice and modern. Everything feels nice to the touch.

The biggest disappointment was the road noise, but honestly it wasn't really that bad. My F-150 seemed quieter, but that has much more stuff between us and the wheels. The factory wheels and tires just look too small so I'll be looking to upgrade to something a bit wider in the future.
Sponsored