Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Microsoft
Country flag
In this video I use cute punching bags to test the automatic emergency braking on the Mustang Mach E.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mach_e_connection/

If you have any questions, comments, or challenges, please post below.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I challenge you to post content here that doesn't include revenue-generating videos. o_O

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
In this video I use cute punching bags to test the automatic emergency braking on the Mustang Mach E.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mach_e_connection/

I question your testing methods, but I gotta admit it was pretty funny watching the cute animals being run over.

OP
OP
Zigma51

Zigma51

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Microsoft
Country flag
I challenge you to post content here that doesn't include revenue-generating videos. o_O
My videos do not generate any revenue. I only have 115 subs.

OP
OP
Zigma51

Zigma51

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Microsoft
Country flag
I question your testing methods, but I gotta admit it was pretty funny watching the cute animals being run over.
Well I agree it would have been better to use bigger targets. These videos do not make any money and I did not want to risk any damage to my car. I can confirm the system does work vs other cars. I had them break hard once when a guy cut me off.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Well I agree it would have been better to use bigger targets. These videos do not make any money and I did not want to risk any damage to my car. I can confirm the system does work vs other cars. I had them break hard once when a guy cut me off.
Have you tried this test with other cars? Or are there similar online? Just curious if this is consistent with other cars, or if the MME is somehow not performing well?

Personally in dangerous situations I have had the RED ALERT ALERT pop up, and the car has slammed my brakes in reverse approaching longer grass at the edge of the driveway.

OP
OP
Zigma51

Zigma51

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Microsoft
Country flag
Have you tried this test with other cars? Or are there similar online? Just curious if this is consistent with other cars, or if the MME is somehow not performing well?

Personally in dangerous situations I have had the RED ALERT ALERT pop up, and the car has slammed my brakes in reverse approaching longer grass at the edge of the driveway.
Sadly I am just a normal guy and don't have access to other cars like this to test as well. I do know Tesla has the same issues according to this video here.

I also do confirm the alert and breaking system does work vs other cars.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
Every time you kill the blow up animal I laughed, it doesn't prove a thing but it really was entertaining. I think you need much bigger objects for it to be a real test. Perhaps One of those big blow up dancing men.

inflatable-tube-man-air-dancer.gif

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Every time you kill the blow up animal I laughed, it doesn't prove a thing it really was entertaining. I think you need much bigger objects for it to be a real test. Perhaps One of those big blow up dancing men.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Testing Automatic Emergency Braking on The Mustang Mach E inflatable-tube-man-air-dancer
He lives in Washington state, can someone on this forum be the subject in his video? Take one for the team, just stand there and get potentially run over?

OP
OP
Zigma51

Zigma51

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Microsoft
Country flag
Every time you kill the blow up animal I laughed, it doesn't prove a thing it really was entertaining. I think you need much bigger objects for it to be a real test. Perhaps One of those big blow up dancing men.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Testing Automatic Emergency Braking on The Mustang Mach E inflatable-tube-man-air-dancer
I agree would be nice to have a bigger target to test too, maybe I will do that in a part 2 if I can find something that won't risk damage to my car. In my defense of this video. I feel a little child is more likely to run out in the road then a adult, so a 3 foot balloon still a good test.

Nygman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang MachE GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Tax
Country flag
I think this video shows perfectly how autonomous is just not a 100% solution same as a human and a combination of both is probably the best
I do agree, it scares me to think that cars with today's technology can be driving around by themselves without user input. How do they do away with the steering wheel, I don't know. While there are things I think automation can help with there are other things where I think user input maybe necessary. And some situations AI can be too cautious in others not enough.

I always wonder if we have full automation and no steering wheel or pedals like some of the suggested, what would happen if somebody who is up to no good blocked a one way road with a cardboard sign with a realistic 3D image of something obstructing the road, that fools cameras. A human would be able to drive right through it, AI might stop, without any way for the passengers to do anything. Could be a popular prank, or maybe something worse. I like using my blue cruise Don't get me wrong, and I actually use it more than I thought, but using automation in traffic, versus navigating suburban roads, or even city roads for that matter, is a whole other level. I'm sure with enough time we'll have technology that does so, but I'm not sure if it's anytime soon. Maybe 50 or 60 years?

Last edited:

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
An early German MME review I watched did a similar test with big foam cubes, with similar results.

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
It's possible that small inflatable objects are not the right test object to use. I think it would depend on the sensors. For a camera based detection I would think the inflatable would emulate a dog or small child properly. For other sensors (sonar, radar, etc), they might not emulate the real world object properly.

I'm not defending the feature here, perhaps it does need improvement. But take it from an engineer, you got to make sure your test system is properly emulating the real world situation.
Sponsored