Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Anyone hear anything about shipping delays due to the trucker blockades at the Tex/Mex border?

If I can't get my car or fresh tomatoes I am going to be very annoyed with Gov Abbot. As should everyone.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Most cars are shipped from Mexico to Kansas City via Train and not Trucks. So unless they are blocking train tracks as well, it shouldn't be an issue.

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I see a lot of cars going to Laredo TX first, before heading to KC. Do they get to Laredo by train?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not sure about right now, but last year the rail ride for most of the US was a non-stop ride from Cuautitlan to Kansas City. Laredo is news to me, but I also have not been tracking cars since a bit after I got mine. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
Anyone hear anything about shipping delays due to the trucker blockades at the Tex/Mex border?

If I can't get my car or fresh tomatoes I am going to be very annoyed with Gov Abbot. As should everyone.
Politics free site please

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I don't know, it could be more fun than when some poor dude asked why he's not getting the advertised range of his Mach E in winter time!!!

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I believe the train route (no, not trucks) to the US from Hermosillo is via Tucson Arizona (Nogales border crossing), not Texas.

People should look at the facts and not react with political views.
I was told on Monday by Ford that my car was in Laredo, TX. This jives with the KCS route map.

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I was told on Monday by Ford that my car was in Laredo, TX. This jives with the KCS route map.
I think it was your post that made me think of it - makes sense for them to run through Laredo. I haven't seen Laredo ever mentioned before, so wondered if maybe trains were being inspected as well rather than going straight through, or if Ford had shifted shipping away from contested crossing.

Apparently, the trucker protests have spread to crossings in New Mexico too, so no telling the knock-on effects.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag

And the avacados! I think they come on rail from Mexico.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Personally, I’ve always believed we should return Texas to Mexico as reparations. Clearly Texas isn’t interested in being part of the USA 😀😀😀
I do feel bad about all the people with Mustang Mach Es that have been delayed by this mess.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think it was your post that made me think of it - makes sense for them to run through Laredo. I haven't seen Laredo ever mentioned before, so wondered if maybe trains were being inspected as well rather than going straight through, or if Ford had shifted shipping away from contested crossing.

Apparently, the trucker protests have spread to crossings in New Mexico too, so no telling the knock-on effects.
They’re not “trucker protests” this time. Apparently, the state of Texas is conducting supplemental inspections after commercial vehicles are cleared by CBP.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why my first reply was overtly political (and I’m not ashamed of it in the least) the OPs question was both legitimate and non-political. The OP asked whether or not a new process could delay or was delaying car shipments from Mexico.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Personally, I’ve always believed we should return Texas to Mexico as reparations. Clearly Texas isn’t interested in being part of the USA 😀😀😀
I do feel bad about all the people with Mustang Mach Es that have been delayed by this mess.
Abbott is a hypocritical schmuck and an embarrassment to TX. Politics be damned. That said, most Texans don’t have delusions of secessionist grandeur, contrary to what the vocal few idiots lead others to believe.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.