First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Howdy!

I am very leery of the glass roof in the Mach and made a reservation for a GT almost 100% because of it. I dislike cars with normal sunroofs!

However, I am interested to hear what people think about it in sun-drenched places like TX (I am in Austin).

Does a lot of heat come through? Does a lot of light come through? Does the glass come far forward enough to interfere with your vision while driving?

Thanks for any info or experiences you can share!
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Howdy!

I am very leery of the glass roof in the Mach and made a reservation for a GT almost 100% because of it. I dislike cars with normal sunroofs!

However, I am interested to hear what people think about it in sun-drenched places like TX (I am in Austin).
In Phoenix, not Texas. I think my answers are still relevant though, lol.
Does a lot of heat come through?
No. The glass gets hot to the touch but I do not feel heat from the sun through it. I do feel heat from the side windows, as expected. Will be getting tint on those soon.

Does a lot of light come through?
I don't think it makes the interior of the car any brighter than if it wasn't there.

Does the glass come far forward enough to interfere with your vision while driving?

Thanks for any info or experiences you can share!
No. In fact you really can't see out of it unless you look straight up. It's mostly for the rear passengers.

FWIW, it's only been in the mid to high 90's here in Phoenix since I've gotten the car. I have no regrets.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
I live in Fort Worth and to date I have not had any problems. My driver side windows tinted with ceramic uv tint and no problem so far

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I will say the sun has not been an issue for mine. Does not even bother my baby daughter in the back. I feel more heat coming off the side windows and even under the hard sun I don't notice the sun coming threw it. The glass it self is a little toasty to the touch but I am not feeling the heat from it.
It does make the cabin a little brighter over all which I think is nice and running it threw the car wash is pretty cool to see it all happen. I know my daughter as she gets older is going to love watching that happen.

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
Agreed with all. Was 90 today in Orlando zero clouds. I could feel a little heat but it is the darkest sky roof I have ever had (I’ve had two other Fords, Volvo, Pacifica all with panorama roofs). I do suspect though that if you enter the car already hot and sweaty it may make cooling off a bit slower. I haven’t tinted my side and rear windows yet. That’s next.

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Here in Dallas, and haven't had any issues either. It's been great even when leaving the car out in the sun for a few hours and never got to a point where I even felt heat coming from the glass roof. My 8 month old is loving it and my wife still puts on her seat warmers because she still feels cold inside ?

chasvs

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger, Porsche, MB GLE350
Country flag
I will say the sun has not been an issue for mine. Does not even bother my baby daughter in the back. I feel more heat coming off the side windows and even under the hard sun I don't notice the sun coming threw it. The glass it self is a little toasty to the touch but I am not feeling the heat from it.
It does make the cabin a little brighter over all which I think is nice and running it threw the car wash is pretty cool to see it all happen. I know my daughter as she gets older is going to love watching that happen.
Through... learn to code

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I live in Fort Worth and to date I have not had any problems. My driver side windows tinted with ceramic uv tint and no problem so far
I'm in Fort Worth as well. The roof was my biggest concern about the car. I just ordered last week, so mine won't arrive for a few months yet. Let me know if anything changes as we heat up for summer.
Sponsored