OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
If this is their only way to make the MME look bad, than even more congrats to Ford, because the haters or fanboys seem to run out of arguments against the MME.
This is *my* takeaway too. If the only bad reviews are bad because of an apples to oranges compare, that's a win in my book. Second, I do not want a Model Y. I do not like the car. To each his own. The more reviews I read / watch that solidify that the MY and MME are different, yet competitive, the more I'm convinced I'm making the correct choice for me. I say, bring on the haters. I could care less about them.

Congrats Ford, you have a new customer in me.
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
The comments section on the YouTube video have been fun. LOL

teslanut.png
Also, some deficiencies they noted was made irrelevant by their own admission that 95% of drivers are not interested -- i.e., astounding performance or range. If everything had the same factor for their car, we would all be driving the same car. That is why Hyundai up to a Bugatti exist. There is a car for every interest.

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
This review was spot on, apart from the range and performance comparisons, which aren't fair. Also, Model Y only comes in Long Range and Performance models, at higher price points. The Mach E offers the Select, and with even AWD at the lowest option. Far more options for all, especially when the GT launches.
This is going to be my car, and my family members will only use it sporadically. Way easier to go from an ICE to a Mach E and drive off, then into a Tesla.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Not going to lie I spend hours a day fighting the good fight for Ford in YouTube comments. So much disinformation by the Tesla Mafia being spread.
Yeah, the Cultists have been deployed like the Flying Monkeys in TWoO.

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I's prefer MME and Model Y have a kid named Mach Y, it can use Tesla's charging network, add the heat pump, with better range and maybe improved software, has MME's look, fit& finish. more pros and less cons. ;)

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
This youtube comment sums up the video to me " TFL when doing interiors: “very nice, some plastics, but mixed well with other materials” As soon as it’s a Ford... spends seconds hunting for plastic to knock (reaches behind steering wheel) “aH LoOk aT AlL tA pLaZtiks!” ".

Why didnt he complain about the plastic in the MY in the same location? The dad is quite biased and looking for any excuse to talk smack.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Also people who say lack of buttons is better and more modern drive me crazy. Hard switch's are quickly becoming a luxury features because of boneheads who fall for this boujey marketing that lack of hard buttons is modern and futuristic. Hard switch's are infinitely better, do you prefer gaming on a touch screen or with a keyboard/controller with hard switch's? No rear windshield wiper on the MY? No heated steering wheel? No tire inflation kit? No instrument cluster? No mechanical glove box handle? No mechanical vents? No homelink? No auto dimming mirrors? No heated mirrors? No blind spot indicators on mirrors? No tint on glass roof? THIS is what actual cost cutting is not plastic around the steering wheel column. If people keep falling for this "minimalist" crap by these greasy youtubers are pushing as modern soon you will all be driving a vehicle with no features except software gimmicks

Last edited:

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Also people who say lack of buttons is better and more modern drive me crazy. Hard switch's are quickly becoming a luxury features because of boneheads who fall for this boujey marketing by that is modern and futuristic. Hard switch's are infinitely better, do you prefer gaming on a touch screen or with a keyboard/controller with hard switch's? No rear windshield wiper on the MY, no heated steering wheel? No tire inflation kit? No instrument cluster? No mechanical glove box handle? No mechanical vents? No homelink? No auto dimming mirrors? No heated mirrors? THIS is what actual cost cutting is not "plastic around the steering wheel column. If people keep falling for this "minimalist" crap by these greasy youtubers are pushing as modern soon you will all be driving a vehicle with no features except software gimmicks
Wow. Nice take down. It is always to talk up minimalism until you get to the devils in the details -- like the available "car" items in the Mach E that are NOT in the Model Y. The plastic steering wheel column was a reach to find a negative. I didn't care for it when I saw it first hand, but it was a MINOR issue compared to what I thought was a great well designed car.

Deleted member 2014

Also people who say lack of buttons is better and more modern drive me crazy. Hard switch's are quickly becoming a luxury features because of boneheads who fall for this boujey marketing that lack of hard buttons is modern and futuristic. Hard switch's are infinitely better, do you prefer gaming on a touch screen or with a keyboard/controller with hard switch's? No rear windshield wiper on the MY? No heated steering wheel? No tire inflation kit? No instrument cluster? No mechanical glove box handle? No mechanical vents? No homelink? No auto dimming mirrors? No heated mirrors? No blind spot indicators on mirrors? No tint on glass roof? THIS is what actual cost cutting is not plastic around the steering wheel column. If people keep falling for this "minimalist" crap by these greasy youtubers are pushing as modern soon you will all be driving a vehicle with no features except software gimmicks
Amen! Hits the nail on the head(if this is the correct translation of a saying we have in Germany ?)

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I believe the MY and M3 have rear heated seats, so I guess it has that going for it...

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Yeah. This video was way better than their In-studio one... it was nice having the two opposing view points from the Father and Son.
Clearly, the Son was seeing the MME as a very competent EV against the MY, whereas the dad, still was just a fanboy.
But again, way better than their first video.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
While I get some people like physical buttons (I don't), I just want to note that the 3/Y's electromechanical vents cost many dollars more per car (4x additional electric actuators at ~$4 each, plus wiring, plus software programming, I'd wager $15/car extra vs Mach-E's all mechanical vents), than mechanical vents do. They're there because it's part of the minimalism no buttons/no controls look, not because they're cheaper.

The reason other automakers aren't copying the electromechanical vents is because they cost *more*.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It occurs to me that I don't think I have ever heard anyone compare the sizes of different model gas tanks. I guess when fast super charging is ubiquitous, the range comparisons won't be as important. But I do understand that the transition period to EV is going to be skittish.
Sponsored