available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
The mach-e I sat in at the roadshow event have a similar clunky response, I was informed this was due to the pre production nature of the system so I will have to take fords word for it that the final one will better, having got sync2 and sync3 in the ST & RS neither are great with 2 being woefully slow with sync3 at least being more usable. One advantage of OTA updates can at least mean that the system over time can be tweaked to at least perform better if the final system is a step above sync3 it should at least suffice.

At the price point of a premium a faster system should really be the order of the day IMO, however we are talking mainstream ford so I am a bit more forgiving as no doubt the bean counters will mean that the same base hardware is going to be used across a range of models with different price points

Of interest will be the follow up review to see how the range and charging is impacted by the cold weather so should give a good worse case example.
When I tooled around in the roadshow vehicle I had no lag at all. I thought it was super responsive. It was a 4x infinite blue
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
When I tooled around in the roadshow vehicle I had no lag at all. I thought it was super responsive. It was a 4x infinite blue
Same here, except I've played with Sync 4a on two different Infinite Blues and a Shadow Black. No lagging issues at all.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Same here, except I've played with Sync 4a on two different Infinite Blues and a Shadow Black. No lagging issues at all.
While no lag existed, I’m certain the j finite blue was fast though. Surely it’s true. ;)

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I find that I personally have more lag as I get older. Like you I didn't see any lag or slowness and I played with it for about 15 minutes during my local event. During the "ride along" the driver used the touchscreen without any noticeable delays when he was making selections. Looks good to me, can't wait. I am glad that deliveries are starting, waiting for video's to popup from actual owners.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Like you I didn't see any lag or slowness and I played with it for about 15 minutes during my local event.
Did you get to play with it while starting with the car from OFF? It's always infuriating to me that when I start any Ford I've had in the last five years that I have to wait at least thirty seconds while it boots up, then loads navigation, before I can type in my destination or use the 360° cameras, or do anything for that matter.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Did you get to play with it while starting with the car from OFF? It's always infuriating to me that when I start any Ford I've had in the last five years that I have to wait at least thirty seconds while it boots up, then loads navigation, before I can type in my destination or use the 360° cameras, or do anything for that matter.
Yes, it seemed to boot up as fast or faster than my Leaf does. While I didn't time it I would play it well under 10 seconds, not 30.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes, it seemed to boot up as fast or faster than my Leaf does. While I didn't time it I would play it well under 10 seconds, not 30.
Agreed, was quick enough for me.
Sponsored