John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I guess I am going to have to watch the video to see the list....
Will try and remember to look up this thread when I have time to watch something.
Just do what I do . . . have 5 or 6 YouTube tabs open at the same time with all the videos you want to watch later . . . that 4 hour one may be there awhile . . .
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This model car he's driving is the exact configuration and color I've ordered. The charging problem he seem's to have starts to worry me because that will be the only pony in our stable so it will be use on a day to day basis and also for road trips, although plug and charge is not available on any network now in Canada. The reviewers are using pre-production cars and I'll have time seeing what other owners will have to say about their charging experience, hopefully some in Canada. For the rest well I think we have to make our own idea based on all reviews that we have seen because depending on who's driving the impressions vary quite a bit but where generally positive and it all depend's what each of us is expecting from this car.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Just do what I do . . . have 5 or 6 YouTube tabs open at the same time with all the videos you want to watch later . . . that 4 hour one may be there awhile . . .
I use the site's bookmark feature for this purpose.

Ford Mustang Mach-E TFL's Love and Hate list of Mach-E after a week of driving 1610053249570

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
So comes down to this. Need to fix the charging problems, and info system speed and glitch. Are both because of a pre production model? Time will tell soon.
When ford fixes both and EA charging gets better Would Tommy then choose the mache over the model y?

Kyle kinda expressed the same thing. If the charging network was there and working correctly he would choose the mache over a tesla.

The EV movement is starting. You have tesla ahead of everyone, and everyone else catching up. The deal is how long before they are even?

Vehicle wise, the mache holds its own and more vs the model y. Charging is the deciding factor with the tesla DC charging network.
But if you're always using it at home or taking an ice vehicle on a road trip then to that point it doesn't matter.
Overall Tommy did a good job.

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
This model car he's driving is the exact configuration and color I've ordered. The charging problem he seem's to have starts to worry me because that will be the only pony in our stable so it will be use on a day to day basis and also for road trips, although plug and charge is not available on any network now in Canada. The reviewers are using pre-production cars and I'll have time seeing what other owners will have to say about their charging experience, hopefully some in Canada. For the rest well I think we have to make our own idea based on all reviews that we have seen because depending on who's driving the impressions vary quite a bit but where generally positive and it all depend's what each of us is expecting from this car.
This is the first standard range car I've seen be charged. However there are plenty of videos showing the extended range charging faster then what he said he got. I think it comes down to battery temperature. I know he said he has a heated garage, but I don't even keep my house warm enough in the winter for a battery to be happy. (Which from what I understand is about 24C.) And driving it around doesn't really warm up the battery unless you do a lot of accelerations and heavy regen. Or drive really fast.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
YouTube also has a decent Watch Later playlist you can save things to.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
So comes down to this. Need to fix the charging problems, and info system speed and glitch. Are both because of a pre production model? Time will tell soon.
When ford fixes both and EA charging gets better Would Tommy then choose the mache over the model y?

Kyle kinda expressed the same thing. If the charging network was there and working correctly he would choose the mache over a tesla.

The EV movement is starting. You have tesla ahead of everyone, and everyone else catching up. The deal is how long before they are even?

Vehicle wise, the mache holds its own and more vs the model y. Charging is the deciding factor with the tesla DC charging network.
But if you're always using it at home or taking an ice vehicle on a road trip then to that point it doesn't matter.
Overall Tommy did a good job.
Totally agree. Only once in a while will I be looking for dc charging anyway. That screen lag though. I have bad memories of older Microsoft Ford sync systems...

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I use voice commands almost exclusively in my escape, and the hard switches on the steering wheel or the volume control knob occasionally to adjust volume. I’m honing that Sync 4A has as robust and rich a voice control experience as advertised so I don’t have to mess around with the screen too much.
The voice recognition should still be the same or if not better than prior Sync versions because Nuance Communications has provided the voice recognition piece previously.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
the only issue I have with TFL is that they are testing a pre-production car and did not note that in their video, just about all the issues he stated is not in the production car ..

overall ok review just hope they get a production version because everything he does not like was because it’s a pre-production car..
Also ChargePoint, EVGo and EA combine trumps Tesla SC network so don’t know what he is talking about their are more US “locations” with just the top 3 CCS networks combine than Tesla SC locations in the US

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I'm sorry, is that screen (at 7:50) showing 80% charge and 79 mile range?

I know he's driving the smaller battery pack, 4wd, in the mountains, and in -1F weather, but that's alarming to me. Even though he says that he hasn't felt any battery anxiety, if I saw those numbers I sure would.
He clearly states that the range estimate is overly pessimistic and he has consistently beaten the range indicated.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
the only issue I have with TFL is that they are testing a pre-production car and did not note that in their video, just about all the issues he stated is not in the production car ..

overall ok review just hope they get a production version because everything he does not like was because it’s a pre-production car..
Also ChargePoint, EVGo and EA combine trumps Tesla SC network so don’t know what he is talking about their are more “locations” with just the top 3 CCS networks combine..
He is going off of what "HE" has dealt with. Yes, he should have put that disclaimer in there, but he has to test what is given. all and all the tesla network is still better but the rest are catching up.

Also, in some places, tesla chargers don't work also, or if sharing your charge rate can be pulled way down.
I know here in Louisville half of the charging stalls did not work for a while. Fix now.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
A couple of things that he got wrong:

1. The extended range battery option gives a lot more than just more range:
-- Better performance: 80 more horsepower that keeps the acceleration pushing past sixty. and improves the 0 to 60 time by almost a half second, (4.8 seconds).
-- Faster Charging: Only the Ford Mustang Mach-E Extended Range models are capable of ultra-rapid charging at up to 150 kW DC. The Standard Range models only have 110 kW DC chargers.

2. The buying process: It is a different process with the Mach-E; while you can go into the dealer and do the negotiation thing, why would you want to? Instead, with the Mach-E, you just go onto Ford's website, configure your car, (Select or Premium; 4wd or 2wd; standard battery or long-range battery; pick your color) and you get your price. If you choose to order one, you are asked to put down a deposit using a credit card. and that is it. You do have to pick a dealer, but that is more for delivery location.

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
The public charging network here is worse than our neighbour, don't hold your breath for that. If you do 500 plus road trip a lot and this is the only car at home, Model Y is a better choice. And this is the part I still debating, I am hoping I can use MME for road trip, I use plugshare to plan a trip from Vancouver to Montreal, oh boy, it's very challenging and will be a stressful trip.
Sponsored

Last edited: