Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We all hope that's true, but do we know that?
I also tested a few pre-production car however it was built in October close to production and there was NO issue with the infotainment system, and again that was still not production Unit .. the early pre-production vehicle I tested also had similar issues but not the one closer to production, the only thing I was not able to test was with the charging curve, however Tom M. posted a video with a late pre-production MME and on the first try plug&charge works .. he did noted the charging curve was not perfect yet that is why I have been trying to get confirmation on a actual production MME charging curve..

in another thread someone stated it was sorted .. but yeah if you watch my videos as I tested the same things he did, on the later pre-production infotainment system it was very snappy quick no slow down better experience than my model 3 MMU .. so he may have an early pre-production MME that did not even have the Plug&charge support yet?

Anyways at this point since I should be receiving my car soon will post up more videos on all this..

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi Folks,
Just joined to post the insideev's plug & charge testing of Mach e. Tom Moloughney of IEV did a fair amount of charging tests for Mach-E. He had no issues with plug & charge at EA stations. So perhaps Tommy had an older model/software? So we can't really extrapolate from his charging experiences. Tom's article is dated Dec 15th. Here is the link:
https://insideevs.com/news/460304/ford-mustang-mach-e-plugcharge/

BTW, Tesla superchargers are also extremely slow sometimes. Just google it. Like this one below.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/superchargers-super-slow.81432/

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
He is going off of what "HE" has dealt with. Yes, he should have put that disclaimer in there, but he has to test what is given. all and all the tesla network is still better but the rest are catching up.

Also, in some places, tesla chargers don't work also, or if sharing your charge rate can be pulled way down.
I know here in Louisville half of the charging stalls did not work for a while. Fix now.
It’s critical to note that in the video because the pre-production car experience will be night and day from the production..

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I expect all of these issues will be fixed OTA at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) but I doubt they aren't in the production car.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Again, we hope that's true. But it shouldn't be stated as fact until we know it to be true.
I hear you .. the only way is to have all the test being done on a production MME .. still early pre-production vs the late pre-production I posted videos with my experience shows no issues, thus one would think Ford would only keep improving not going backwards .. but yes I get it we all have to wait for a production version to be 100% .. still it is fact that later pre-production examples does not have the infotainment issues

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi Folks,
Just joined to post the insideev's plug & charge testing of Mach e. Tom Moloughney of IEV did a fair amount of charging tests for Mach-E. He had no issues with plug & charge at EA stations. So perhaps Tommy had an older model/software? So we can't really extrapolate from his charging experiences. Tom's article is dated Dec 15th. Here is the link:
https://insideevs.com/news/460304/ford-mustang-mach-e-plugcharge/

BTW, Tesla superchargers are also extremely slow sometimes. Just google it. Like this one below.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/superchargers-super-slow.81432/
That’s Tom M. with one of the later per-production MME with plug&charge support..

Reactions: EVS

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
He clearly states that the range estimate is overly pessimistic and he has consistently beaten the range indicated.
Plus we have no idea how long the car had been sitting turned on with the heater working or what he had done with it before

JeffreyC

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 535i X
Country flag
I sat in two Mach-Es at a Mach-E event recently and I found the voice control wanting relative to Tesla. In one car the voice control for the the nav really did not work at all - it could not find a McDonalds or Home Depot nearby (in northern NJ)! The other car did better, but it was slow relative to Tesla. I have no idea why they were different.

Also, in a Tesla you can control just about everything with voice commands - seat heating, wipers, glove box, music, trunk, etc. I tried many of these commands with the Mach-E and they did not work. Seems like Mach-E is limited to the traditional stuff like phone and nav. The Tesla also displays what it heard you say on the screen, which is really useful. The Mach-E does not.

I did not notice and lagginess in the Mach-E screen, but i do think the Tesla screen is a little more responsive.

So (IMHO) advantage Tesla.

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Auto translates and look at the charging curve they got.

Sorry, I don't get any translation. What country & language is this? Can someone write a short summary for this in English? TIA.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Sorry, I don't get any translation. What country & language is this? Can someone write a short summary for this in English? TIA.
Watching it now. But you can turn on CC, then click the gear icon and select auto translation to English.
Sponsored