Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Perhaps, but I was more referring to it failing to charge at all on most of their attempts (even L2). Just seems like that one was a buggy pre-production unit.
Fortunately theirs is the only report we have of L2 charging failure.
Sponsored

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I appreciate these sorts of reviews. It’s a very honest take. I disagree with the conclusion - I’m definitely leaning MME over Tesla Y, but I think that’s because I’m prioritizing different things than the reviewer.

The extended range MME is comparable in range to the Tesla but the tax credit makes the MME several thousand cheaper, AND the MME looks so much better and has a driver’s side instrument cluster. I also know Ford’s build quality to be superior. So that’s a lot of big advantages to Ford.

I have no reason to disagree that Tesla has the superior tech and charging network, but that’s stuff that can easily be tweaked and upgraded in the next couple of years. So I don’t place as much weight on Tesla’s current advantages.
Pretty much where my head is at as well. I don't give any weight _at all_ to DCFC and could care less if it works perfectly, as that is not my personal use case (disclaimer: perhaps my use case will change one day and I will regret, but such is life; disclaimer 2: Jeez it's just software people, it will get better). I also prefer "ooh la la" to "catfish". Oh, and yes when given an option for paying less for something because the government is going to give me free money, I'm going to take it because, well, I'm not a freakin' idiot :).