Thank you forum members from a new owner!

FrunkMonk-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Summary

Picked up a GT last week. Been reading this forum for 8 months and just created an account to thank everyone for their expertise. It helped a ton!

Longer version

I ordered a Premium AWD ER in January, expecting it to be delivered in July or August. (Don’t laugh. I wasn’t dialed into the Mach e forum yet). And as you might expect, that car still doesn’t have a build date scheduled.

After reading this forum regularly I began to get worried that I would lose the full tax credit - the one reason I ordered the car. It seems the best case scenario would be Q4 but there was a real possibility that it could be Q1 or Q2 of 2023.

In July, I discussed my concerns with the dealership. At that point, my salesman offered to sell me his GT that he had ordered, was the same color and was already in transit. I quickly accepted his offer based on the realistic perspective learned from all of you.

Shout out to Nic at Larry H Miller Super Ford in Salt Lake City. He not only sold me his GT at MSRP, but he honored our original agreement on my order not to add a charge for vehicle theft assistance.

On the other hand, Ford Motor Co., has serious communication problems. I think I would have lost my mind without all of you filling the void. Thank you!!!

First impressions

The GT is a kick to drive. Love the punch. My main worry about the Mach e was the “bouncy” ride many have reported here. I have ridden everywhere in the car (including the back seat) and thankfully haven’t seen that in mine.

However, I have had to use the back up passcode to start the car 4-5 times in less than a week. The phone as a key feature has been glitchy.

I also learned - the hard way - that you cannot open the trunk once you have put the car in valet mode. Pro tip: open the trunk and get out what you need before creating the valet passcode. It’s kind of awkward to have to go through it again and write down a second passcode with the valet standing there.

Finally, I love having Alexa built in! I have her open and close the garage door, play music and she will even show my shopping list on the car’s display. This has to be one of my favorite features in the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FrunkMonk-e

FrunkMonk-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Maybe I don’t count because I originally ordered the premium!

Seriously though, I’ve never hammered it for a full five seconds. The first thing I did driving off the lot was floor it on the freeway on-ramp. It really felt like riding a wild mustang. I let off after about three seconds. It kind of surprised me. I think I would be going 70-80 mph after 5 seconds. Since I’m not into racing, going 120 mph in eight seconds is not a use case scenario for me.

I could really use a physical trunk button though - maybe right above the frunk lever.

Reactions: ARK

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I could really use a physical trunk button though - maybe right above the frunk lever.
Do you mean something like this?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/adding-an-inside-liftgate-power-switch.6560/post-304966

I have all the parts, I just haven't done it yet. I don't understand the value of a max defrost when a rear hatch button is much more useful.

I love my GT also by the way. 13,000+ miles and counting. And JB, you won't see me complain about the five second limit!

OP
OP
FrunkMonk-e

FrunkMonk-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m not sure if I have the motivation for that kind of a mod, but I’d love to know how it goes for you.
I have done it. It is worth it. I love my Exploder lift gate button. Well, not nearly as much as my dog. 🤪🐩

Congrats on the new GT. As some members say: Pix or it didn’t happen. 😎🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! AB478FBB-1AE5-4212-9E98-3FC2389F4BED
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! F0589C6E-E574-4C36-B313-DA76106FA793

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Summary

Picked up a GT last week. Been reading this forum for 8 months and just created an account to thank everyone for their expertise. It helped a ton!

Longer version

I ordered a Premium AWD ER in January, expecting it to be delivered in July or August. (Don’t laugh. I wasn’t dialed into the Mach e forum yet). And as you might expect, that car still doesn’t have a build date scheduled.

After reading this forum regularly I began to get worried that I would lose the full tax credit - the one reason I ordered the car. It seems the best case scenario would be Q4 but there was a real possibility that it could be Q1 or Q2 of 2023.

In July, I discussed my concerns with the dealership. At that point, my salesman offered to sell me his GT that he had ordered, was the same color and was already in transit. I quickly accepted his offer based on the realistic perspective learned from all of you.

Shout out to Nic at Larry H Miller Super Ford in Salt Lake City. He not only sold me his GT at MSRP, but he honored our original agreement on my order not to add a charge for vehicle theft assistance.

On the other hand, Ford Motor Co., has serious communication problems. I think I would have lost my mind without all of you filling the void. Thank you!!!

First impressions

The GT is a kick to drive. Love the punch. My main worry about the Mach e was the “bouncy” ride many have reported here. I have ridden everywhere in the car (including the back seat) and thankfully haven’t seen that in mine.

However, I have had to use the back up passcode to start the car 4-5 times in less than a week. The phone as a key feature has been glitchy.

I also learned - the hard way - that you cannot open the trunk once you have put the car in valet mode. Pro tip: open the trunk and get out what you need before creating the valet passcode. It’s kind of awkward to have to go through it again and write down a second passcode with the valet standing there.

Finally, I love having Alexa built in! I have her open and close the garage door, play music and she will even show my shopping list on the car’s display. This has to be one of my favorite features in the car.
👍 On the username. Need a licence plate to match!

OP
OP
FrunkMonk-e

FrunkMonk-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I have done it. It is worth it. I love my Exploder lift gate button. Well, not nearly as much as my dog. 🤪🐩

Congrats on the new GT. As some members say: Pix or it didn’t happen. 😎🐩

AB478FBB-1AE5-4212-9E98-3FC2389F4BED.jpeg
F0589C6E-E574-4C36-B313-DA76106FA793.jpeg
I’d love to see a photo of your trunk button.
This is the only photo I have (currently out of the state). My kid took it at the car wash:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! 4F622E58-C809-4B9F-BC5E-D15EDF319992

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’d love to see a photo of your trunk button.
This is the only photo I have (currently out of the state). My kid took it at the car wash:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! 4F622E58-C809-4B9F-BC5E-D15EDF319992
I bought the button (actually the entire headlight switch assembly) used from an auto wrecker. $25 including shipping. 😊🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! 5723BA0F-813C-469A-9EDE-1B23A4316198
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! 8D50E11C-841C-4293-BA05-D6EDA860FE6E

OP
OP
FrunkMonk-e

FrunkMonk-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Well done! That looks sharp. How hard was it?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I bought the button (actually the entire headlight switch assembly) used from an auto wrecker. $25 including shipping. 😊🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank you forum members from a new owner! 8D50E11C-841C-4293-BA05-D6EDA860FE6E
So you have a hard switch to open your Frunk? (Nice dog btw)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

You are missing a panel in that photo. Was that during assembly?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Summary

As someone who fondly remembers the series of Trunk Monkey commercials, welcome to the forum. Excellent choice of username.
Sponsored