Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Oh, and I also don't think this should be an echo chamber of like minded individuals only. I welcome honest debate and viewpoints. Of course, I am also not the most patient person. Incessant whining about the same minute detail can get me to hit "ignore" for someone.
Sponsored

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
OK, I'm interested in the Mach-e, so I'm on this forum. I've never been on a Tesla forum, because I have so many friends that drive Teslas that I never really needed to be on a forum. I really and seriously apologize, because I always thought "Whatever, you are so biased." when I would read here about people complaining about Tesla "Fanboys". I mean, I love Tesla, and all of my friends do too. But everyone I know can discuss Tesla's drawbacks and the advantages of cars like the Mach-e.

So anyways, I now have two Teslas, so I thought I should join a Tesla forum. I kind of expected something like this forum: a few trolls but mostly intelligent folks who liked learning about all EVs, and could actually have an intelligent discussion where all parties learned something from the others. Boy, was I wrong.

OK, most folks on the Tesla forums really are no different than here. But wow, is there a vocal minority. I mean, I love Teslas and I get hammered for not loving them enough! To the point of remaining conveniently ignorant of any possible shortcomings. Do these idiots not realize that accepting any shortcoming virtually guarantees the lack of progress? You can't even talk about things that aren't really short comings, just natural disadvantages. You get slammed for trying to understand the car's limitations. Christ, ALL cars have limitations.

Anyways, I just wanted to apologize to everyone who I quietly thought "Yeah, right." But I would remind you that most Tesla fans really are the same as you. There's just a vocal minority that makes everyone else look bad. I'd encourage all the real folks on here, the ones that actually really do plan on buying a Mach-e, to not tolerate the few trolls you have. The ones that tell Mach-e lovers whatever they want to hear so that they can be accepted. These ass hats are the ones that will eventually ruin this forum and make everyone think you are all just Mach-e "Fan boys." I implore you to keep the flavor and the atmosphere this forum currently has. You have a few trolls, only a few, that will do their damndest to turn this into a fanboy site. You won't like it as much here if they get away with it.

'Nuff said.
Yeah the Tesla forums are toxic. You either worship Daddy Elon or they run you out of town.

The mere suggestion that if Tesla really wanted to "accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy" they'd switch to CCS-1 in the US so help build out non-proprietary infrastructure got me attacked left and right for secretly being a GM plant or something and wanting to cause "Who Killed The Electric Car" all over again if peasant GMs could charge at Superchargers, etc.

Honestly the Tesla fanboys are part of why I ordered the Mach-E and want to get rid of the Tesla I own.

Tesla has made a huge mark on the industry and society (I had a little kid in a parking lot yesterday start screaming "DAD LOOK, A TESLA! DAD LOOK, A TESLA! DAD LOOK, A TESLA" in the nonstop repetition little kids are so good at) but man do I dislike the Tesla bros.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Incessant whining about the same minute detail can get me to hit "ignore" for someone.
Have you heard that the Mach-E has a Start button, but doesn't have Netflix? How crazy is that?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Oh, and I also don't think this should be an echo chamber of like minded individuals only. I welcome honest debate and viewpoints. Of course, I am also not the most patient person. Incessant whining about the same minute detail can get me to hit "ignore" for someone.
Don't know what he said since I ignored him. Don't really want to know. However, it's clear I made the right decision when I ignored him.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
yep. Ford is positioning this car not for the 1% who've owned a BEV already but for the masses that are used to an ICE and just want to be able to drive the car without a half hour training lesson. So, as much of the traditional "car UI" as possible is put into the MME - including the windshield wiper controls, on/off button, cruise control, etc - complete with icons that tell you what they do printed right on them. Even though the environmental controls and sound system are controlled by the tablet, they keep those soft buttons static on the bottom where one would expect to find them. And of course the volume know is there with the radio on/off button inside - just like on every other Ford.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah the Tesla forums are toxic. You either worship Daddy Elon or they run you out of town.

The mere suggestion that if Tesla really wanted to "accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy" they'd switch to CCS-1 in the US so help build out non-proprietary infrastructure got me attacked left and right for secretly being a GM plant or something and wanting to cause "Who Killed The Electric Car" all over again if peasant GMs could charge at Superchargers, etc.

Honestly the Tesla fanboys are part of why I ordered the Mach-E and want to get rid of the Tesla I own.

Tesla has made a huge mark on the industry and society (I had a little kid in a parking lot yesterday start screaming "DAD LOOK, A TESLA! DAD LOOK, A TESLA! DAD LOOK, A TESLA" in the nonstop repetition little kids are so good at) but man do I dislike the Tesla bros.
When I had the Focus Electric we parked out front of a restaurant and started to walk in. A teenage member of a family exiting the restaurant spied the car and started to loudly exclaim similar things to your story "A FOCUS ELECTRIC! THIS IS THE CAR I WANT TO DRIVE" <- yes this did happen.

I was shocked that someone even recognized one.

Since Ford sold very few of them driving around in one was a little weird especially seeing another one on the road--you'd give the other driver a slight nod (I'm sure Tesla drivers do the same and I know Jeep and Harley drivers do as well) but this is a little different as you know you are driving a very rare beast.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, I have experience with exactly this. I've worried about car drivers who filmed me while driving as they drove slowly past me riding my ELF. I've had the experience of passing another ELF rider going the other way (and knew who it was!). Here's a shot from one of those drive-by shootings.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thank You Members Of This Forum! riding ELF
Sponsored