MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
@wmaney Curious why three stops to charge on way home? 400 mile trip. 270 mile range (depending). Were you just charging 25-50% then on the way? Being overly cautious? Driving home 120 mph?

What do you think of real world range?
They mentioned their first stop they only went to 61% at a slower speed, so they probably could have done it in 2 charges instead of 3 if they hadn’t shorted the first charge. Maybe the 3rd charge was just for the final 20% of the trip? Just my guess.
Sponsored

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The ordering is very interesting, ordered 8/1, production 12/5, Built 12/30, delivered 2/1
I ordered on 7/9, Build week 1/25 and then nothing!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My 19 year son like most young is pretty computer / search engine savvy - he kept looking and found a First Edition Mach e at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills California - almost exactly 400 miles from where we live - So I called and got the salesman just as a "deal" for the car was falling apart - long and short - I said I would take it. We did a contract online the night of the 2nd, and we drove down yesterday and got the car. 800 mile road trip in a day (too crazy) - car is Carbonized Gray Metallic with black perforated activex interior with red stitching. AWD and extended range. Stopped three times on the way home to charge (first at a free Cal Trans Maintenance yard slow charger so cut it sort at 61%) and then at two fast charges - Electrify America - was able to load everything in the FordPass - my son was able to find an app that lets you know what kind of charges a site has - not sure if the mustang system lets you know the quality of the available charges but it is very good at letting you know where to find them. Here are a few pics - more info to come. Thanks

6B08A531-E15C-4FC3-AFEF-FA2A651FAE56.jpeg
D9FB99B7-22BF-44AA-9111-F6BFF5C5E8E4.jpeg
C20B8FD0-D1A0-4ED8-BC4D-88ACBCEE5889.jpeg
81D15844-5C45-4FDE-9959-75B061925CC1.jpeg
7C58CA6C-EDD0-4AAC-85BC-71AAE202A716.jpeg
A5082755-D7AA-4DEF-B76F-6D26FC460BC8.jpeg
88AE07E5-A7C0-4A34-8904-58D355CACD79.jpeg
Great story. Gotta love those kids! He has his priorities straight and the car looks awesome.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
surprised galpin doesn't have any in yet. i almost ordered from them, since they're only a few miles further, but settled on star ford in glendale since it's closer to home. star's not as large or as well known as galpin in the valley so i took a gamble they'd provide decent service.

but i was star ford's 1st mach-e, delivered to them monday and i picked it up tuesday night (premium std rwd)

hopefully galpin gets a big batch this week

Yep! problem is im in socal but I have mine on order. We have the largest Ford Dealer in the world (Galpin) and they show none? I think dealers are suppressing their inventory for now (they can do that).

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
@wmaney Curious why three stops to charge on way home? 400 mile trip. 270 mile range (depending). Were you just charging 25-50% then on the way? Being overly cautious? Driving home 120 mph?

He did say one stop was @ a L2 so only filled up to 61%. Also don't know what the starting SoC was - likely wasn't 100% I assume.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

400 miles away from LA (but still in CA) is probably somewhere near Sacramento. If doing 75 MPH (or more) down I-5 in ~55F temps with a little cabin heat, that's probably 25% off the 270 (200). Leave 10% in the tank at arrival and that's 180 for the first leg (if leaving the dealership at 100% SOC). Charge up to only 80% for the 2nd and 3rd legs and that's about 140 for the 2nd and 3rd legs. So 2 stops would be the practical minimum. Looks like they added a little at a 3rd low-power charger but that probably wasn't much.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
congratulations! You should let your son have a few drives around campus in that beautiful car. I am still waiting in Fort Worth for my premium IB awd ER. My son graduated from Stanford with a computer science degree. So we have been there many times.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I still don’t show any through the Ford Inventory webpages. Those pages are definitely suppressed as you say.

Instead, use Autotrader (web or app). I use the Autotrader app which lets you save searches, and it lists about 9 Mach E’s within 100 miles of the Bay Area.

Just searched within 50 miles of LA and it shows 60 Mach E’s available. You’ll have to narrow down which of those are demos and customer cars, but the trick I use is to contact any dealer that shows mileage on the car.

Customer order cars will not have mileage shown because no one can drive those cars. Cars available for sale will have mileage on them because of test drives etc.

Hope this helps.
This is great! I'm a little upset though, mine is showing 1 mile on my Ford Pass app. Damn employees joyriding! That's about 50 employee each doing 0-60 runs! To make matters worse, it could be almost 2 miles and still show 1! That's another gaggle doing the same thing!

Might as well sell it to me as a used car, and take $10k off or I'm walking!!

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Congrats! A great story and trip to remember for years to come. The Carbinized Gray is sharp (my Shadow is the same). Enjoy!

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
This is great! I'm a little upset though, mine is showing 1 mile on my Ford Pass app. Damn employees joyriding! That's about 50 employee each doing 0-60 runs! To make matters worse, it could be almost 2 miles and still show 1! That's another gaggle doing the same thing!

Might as well sell it to me as a used car, and take $10k off or I'm walking!!
?

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! A great story and trip to remember for years to come. The Carbinized Gray is sharp (my Shadow is the same). Enjoy!
Thanks - looking forward to spending time getting to know the car.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
congratulations! You should let your son have a few drives around campus in that beautiful car. I am still waiting in Fort Worth for my premium IB awd ER. My son graduated from Stanford with a computer science degree. So we have been there many times.
Thanks - just waiting for him to be able to go to the campus!
But for now he is home with us - more time for him to take a couple of spins in the Mach e. Congratulations on your son too. Hopefully your mach e will arrive soon.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Did you happen to note the mi/kwh you were getting on that trip

Mowgli

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Davidson Road King
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
I ordered mine from Vista Ford! Did you get the CA rebate? Did they know anything about the car? Feel like driving down there to do if they have any demos to drive.
Sponsored