Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
My 19 year son like most young is pretty computer / search engine savvy - he kept looking and found a First Edition Mach e at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills California - almost exactly 400 miles from where we live - So I called and got the salesman just as a "deal" for the car was falling apart - long and short - I said I would take it. We did a contract online the night of the 2nd, and we drove down yesterday and got the car. 800 mile road trip in a day (too crazy) - car is Carbonized Gray Metallic with black perforated activex interior with red stitching. AWD and extended range. Stopped three times on the way home to charge (first at a free Cal Trans Maintenance yard slow charger so cut it sort at 61%) and then at two fast charges - Electrify America - was able to load everything in the FordPass - my son was able to find an app that lets you know what kind of charges a site has - not sure if the mustang system lets you know the quality of the available charges but it is very good at letting you know where to find them. Here are a few pics - more info to come. Thanks

6B08A531-E15C-4FC3-AFEF-FA2A651FAE56.jpeg
D9FB99B7-22BF-44AA-9111-F6BFF5C5E8E4.jpeg
C20B8FD0-D1A0-4ED8-BC4D-88ACBCEE5889.jpeg
81D15844-5C45-4FDE-9959-75B061925CC1.jpeg
7C58CA6C-EDD0-4AAC-85BC-71AAE202A716.jpeg
A5082755-D7AA-4DEF-B76F-6D26FC460BC8.jpeg
88AE07E5-A7C0-4A34-8904-58D355CACD79.jpeg
Hey, you got the exact configuration car I ordered back in June before me!

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Hey, you got the exact configuration car I ordered back in June before me!
Here's opening you get yours soon - I just got lucky. Hopefully you will too and your Mach e will come soon!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wondering how I as a 6'4" tall man will fit behind the wheel.
Did your son also drove the MME? Did he had enough space behind the steering wheel?
I'm 6'4" and test drove a MME a couple of days ago. No issues at all. I'm used to driving midsized sporty sedans, and the MME is a bit higher and larger than I'm used to. You'll have no problem fitting comfortably in this vehicle.

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Got an email from my dealer today that a customer had backed out of his MME order and did I want it?

HELL YES!

Rapid Red, Premium AWD. Only downside: standard battery. But since we have another vehicle in the family, it's no big deal.

MarcelK

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: Mazda CX5. Ordered: Mach E RWD Shadow Black with TP
Occupation
senior consultant
Country flag
I'm 6'4" and test drove a MME a couple of days ago. No issues at all. I'm used to driving midsized sporty sedans, and the MME is a bit higher and larger than I'm used to. You'll have no problem fitting comfortably in this vehicle.
Thanks BadgerGreg for your reply. Good news.

MarcelK

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: Mazda CX5. Ordered: Mach E RWD Shadow Black with TP
Occupation
senior consultant
Country flag
Yes he has driven the car, and he felt like he had plenty of room - he also sat in the back with his sister while my wife was in front passenger seat. Everyone said they had plenty of room. My daughter is 5’ 8” - and she felt fine. Not sure about 6’ 4 “ but the front seat goes back pretty far.
Thanks wmany for your reply.

Durkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks trutolife - My son is a freshman in college and a computer science major - he loves looking at cars - so you maybe right!
If he's interested in the field, Formula SAE (FSAE) is absolutely the best way to get real-world experience and most teams badly need EE and CS majors. I competed on the UC Davis FSAE Electric team, was the best experience I had in school!

Drewlectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Tesla M3, 4Runner
Country flag
Thanks s7davis - Just FYI - we have been looking around a lot - my son found this on an Edmunds search - they wanted 10K over MSRP!! I told them that is not happening - I did give them a little extra given it was a first edition and the color I wanted. But I they had another on the lot - same color (not first edition though) and I saw a grabber blue arriving. So they are starting to come in - I assume most are orders or demos / mannequins. But still - never hurts to call. Hoping that the orders will start picking up speed for everyone.
So there was another Mach e at Vista in same color - but not a first edition - I also think it was not extended range but no sure; I saw a grabber blue being delivered - they gave me paper work for the CA rebate. Don't know if the 2 mach e were "demos."

For anyone searching - try the following link: https://www.edmunds.com/new-ford-mustang-mach-e-for-sale/. Then turn up the search range to your level of comfort.
@wmaney congrats. The other "same color" is mine, plan to finalize the deal today. Had some back and forth about ford options pricing.

They have a story, "these are going above market, the other day we had a first edition go for 5k above sticker"

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@wmaney congrats. The other "same color" is mine, plan to finalize the deal today. Had some back and forth about ford options pricing.

They have a story, "these are going above market, the other day we had a first edition go for 5k above sticker"

I did not pay 5K above MSRP (or an amount above that) - but I did pay over MSRP - given it was a FE in the color I wanted and I had not ordered the car! Congrats ? on your new ride!

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
The ordering is very interesting, ordered 8/1, production 12/5, Built 12/30, delivered 2/1
I ordered on 7/9, Build week 1/25 and then nothing!
I ordered on 7/8; build week 1/6; Built 1/12; shipped 1/22. ETA 2/18. Premium AWD ER Red. Cincinnati, OH

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e, 2023 Ford Explorer
Country flag
I've been searching come across a lot of dealers that
My 19 year son like most young is pretty computer / search engine savvy - he kept looking and found a First Edition Mach e at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills California - almost exactly 400 miles from where we live - So I called and got the salesman just as a "deal" for the car was falling apart - long and short - I said I would take it. We did a contract online the night of the 2nd, and we drove down yesterday and got the car. 800 mile road trip in a day (too crazy) - car is Carbonized Gray Metallic with black perforated activex interior with red stitching. AWD and extended range. Stopped three times on the way home to charge (first at a free Cal Trans Maintenance yard slow charger so cut it sort at 61%) and then at two fast charges - Electrify America - was able to load everything in the FordPass - my son was able to find an app that lets you know what kind of charges a site has - not sure if the mustang system lets you know the quality of the available charges but it is very good at letting you know where to find them. Here are a few pics - more info to come. Thanks
Congratulations on your new Mach-E! I ordered a Premium Edition on November 27th. I'm sure I'll be lucky to see it by summer. I hate having to wait that long.

I've been searching online using Edmunds and AutoTrader to see if any dealerships have any on their lot for sale. I was hoping that I could get lucky like you did and find a canceled order for sale. I found a handful of listings that are listed like they are in stock, but when I emailed each dealership they said that they aren't for sale. One dealer said that the Mustang Mach-E that all Ford dealerships have in stock are to be driven as a loaner car first per Ford. Once they reach the 120 day or 4000 miles, they can offer them for sale. On a positive note, each dealer took my info down and said that if they end up with one on their lot for sale, they will call me.

My local dealership that I chose for my delivery location just got a Mach-E delivered this past week that they're using for a loaner. I went there the other day to check it out. To my surprise they told me to take it out for a drive. I was going there excited just to look at one in person. I didn't think for a second that I would be able to drive it. I was super pumped! It's a fun car to drive and now I really can't wait to get one!

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been searching come across a lot of dealers that

Congratulations on your new Mach-E! I ordered a Premium Edition on November 27th. I'm sure I'll be lucky to see it by summer. I hate having to wait that long.

I've been searching online using Edmunds and AutoTrader to see if any dealerships have any on their lot for sale. I was hoping that I could get lucky like you did and find a canceled order for sale. I found a handful of listings that are listed like they are in stock, but when I emailed each dealership they said that they aren't for sale. One dealer said that the Mustang Mach-E that all Ford dealerships have in stock are to be driven as a loaner car first per Ford. Once they reach the 120 day or 4000 miles, they can offer them for sale. On a positive note, each dealer took my info down and said that if they end up with one on their lot for sale, they will call me.

My local dealership that I chose for my delivery location just got a Mach-E delivered this past week that they're using for a loaner. I went there the other day to check it out. To my surprise they told me to take it out for a drive. I was going there excited just to look at one in person. I didn't think for a second that I would be able to drive it. I was super pumped! It's a fun car to drive and now I really can't wait to get one!
Understand your frustration & excitement. Just keep checking Edmunds - before we found the one I posted about, I left my name with a lot of dealers. None of them know I got a Mach-e and known have called. So just keep trying - a second call to a dealer won’t hurt, & it lets them know you’re really interested. Good hunting.

Scott H

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW i3 Base, Mach-E4x - Inf. Blue (ordered)
Country flag
Quickly scrolling thru Autotrader, it looks like DCH Ford of Thousand Oaks has the most inventory.

<thread hijack over> <resume original transmission>
When I test drove a Mach E at DCH Ford of Thousand Oaks on Feb 20, they had only the one vehicle, even though their web site showed 12 in stock. The salesman said that the other 11 were ordered by customers.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
The picture in the sunset is a GREAT reason to ditch the computer-generated color models that appear on the order form for real pictures. I had no interest in the Carbonized Gray color from the computer generated model on the order form, but now that I see it in that picture against the sunset, it's STRIKING! Congratulations on your purchase!

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The picture in the sunset is a GREAT reason to ditch the computer-generated color models that appear on the order form for real pictures. I had no interest in the Carbonized Gray color from the computer generated model on the order form, but now that I see it in that picture against the sunset, it's STRIKING! Congratulations on your purchase!
Thanks - I've really enjoyed the color - improved by the red calipers.
Sponsored