wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
My 19 year son like most young is pretty computer / search engine savvy - he kept looking and found a First Edition Mach e at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills California - almost exactly 400 miles from where we live - So I called and got the salesman just as a "deal" for the car was falling apart - long and short - I said I would take it. We did a contract online the night of the 2nd, and we drove down yesterday and got the car. 800 mile road trip in a day (too crazy) - car is Carbonized Gray Metallic with black perforated activex interior with red stitching. AWD and extended range. Stopped three times on the way home to charge (first at a free Cal Trans Maintenance yard slow charger so cut it sort at 61%) and then at two fast charges - Electrify America - was able to load everything in the FordPass - my son was able to find an app that lets you know what kind of charges a site has - not sure if the mustang system lets you know the quality of the available charges but it is very good at letting you know where to find them. Here are a few pics - more info to come. Thanks

Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles 6B08A531-E15C-4FC3-AFEF-FA2A651FAE56
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles D9FB99B7-22BF-44AA-9111-F6BFF5C5E8E4
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles C20B8FD0-D1A0-4ED8-BC4D-88ACBCEE5889
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles 81D15844-5C45-4FDE-9959-75B061925CC1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles 7C58CA6C-EDD0-4AAC-85BC-71AAE202A716
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles A5082755-D7AA-4DEF-B76F-6D26FC460BC8
Ford Mustang Mach-E Thanks to my son...I have (we have!) a Mach-E after just 24 hours and 800 miles 88AE07E5-A7C0-4A34-8904-58D355CACD79

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have fun and enjoy. Great sunset. Also, tell your son to dream big and keep up being computer/savvy, maybe one day he will be designing a ford vehicle.
Thanks trutolife - My son is a freshman in college and a computer science major - he loves looking at cars - so you maybe right!

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Purchase and a road trip with it on day 1. Awesome, enjoy it.
Thanks Rick - It was a great day - the excitement carried us through the exhaustion!

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Congrats!!!! Seems like a much better process, than actually ordering one.. UGH!!
This is the most car sale efficiency story yet. Everyone else been waiting 6+ months or more. Here him and his son found a car purchased online no hassle picked up and left dealership all in same day.

This story is exciting for them but sure upsetting to others but great story and congrats we will all have our Mach E sooner or later. Let us know what that OTA is going to be about when it happens.

Polymon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Odyssey, 2011 Tacoma, 2021 MachE Space White
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Country flag
Very exciting!
Can you give us the name of the app that your son found to look up charging stations?

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Thanks trutolife - My son is a freshman in college and a computer science major - he loves looking at cars - so you maybe right!
Did they charge an arm and a leg for the car?

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
WManey: Curious to know how you found the seat comfort after driving such a long way?
The seats seemed v comfortable - I am 5' 10" but my son is 6'1" (thanks to his maternal grandfather) - and in the right front passenger seat - he felt comfortable and his left knee did not strike the right side of the display - he tried from different seat positions and he said he had no issues hitting the display.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How much was the Additional Dealer Mark-up, (ADM)? Were you able to get Ford Options? Was it even offered? What about X plan? Did they offer the California Retail rebate?

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the most car sale efficiency story yet. Everyone else been waiting 6+ months or more. Here him and his son found a car purchased online no hassle picked up and left dealership all in same day.

This story is exciting for them but sure upsetting to others but great story and congrats we will all have our Mach E sooner or later. Let us know what that OTA is going to be about when it happens.
Thanks s7davis - Just FYI - we have been looking around a lot - my son found this on an Edmunds search - they wanted 10K over MSRP!! I told them that is not happening - I did give them a little extra given it was a first edition and the color I wanted. But I they had another on the lot - same color (not first edition though) and I saw a grabber blue arriving. So they are starting to come in - I assume most are orders or demos / mannequins. But still - never hurts to call. Hoping that the orders will start picking up speed for everyone.
Sponsored