eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
congratulations! You should let your son have a few drives around campus in that beautiful car. I am still waiting in Fort Worth for my premium IB awd ER. My son graduated from Stanford with a computer science degree. So we have been there many times.
Stanford sucks. Go Bears.
Sponsored

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
My 19 year son like most young is pretty computer / search engine savvy - he kept looking and found a First Edition Mach e at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills California - almost exactly 400 miles from where we live - So I called and got the salesman just as a "deal" for the car was falling apart - long and short - I said I would take it. We did a contract online the night of the 2nd, and we drove down yesterday and got the car. 800 mile road trip in a day (too crazy) - car is Carbonized Gray Metallic with black perforated activex interior with red stitching. AWD and extended range. Stopped three times on the way home to charge (first at a free Cal Trans Maintenance yard slow charger so cut it sort at 61%) and then at two fast charges - Electrify America - was able to load everything in the FordPass - my son was able to find an app that lets you know what kind of charges a site has - not sure if the mustang system lets you know the quality of the available charges but it is very good at letting you know where to find them. Here are a few pics - more info to come. Thanks

6B08A531-E15C-4FC3-AFEF-FA2A651FAE56.jpeg
D9FB99B7-22BF-44AA-9111-F6BFF5C5E8E4.jpeg
C20B8FD0-D1A0-4ED8-BC4D-88ACBCEE5889.jpeg
81D15844-5C45-4FDE-9959-75B061925CC1.jpeg
7C58CA6C-EDD0-4AAC-85BC-71AAE202A716.jpeg
A5082755-D7AA-4DEF-B76F-6D26FC460BC8.jpeg
88AE07E5-A7C0-4A34-8904-58D355CACD79.jpeg
My dealer . . . unfortunately, not my car (ETA 2/22)! Everything work out well with Vista? Purchase, Lease or Options?

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
The ordering is very interesting, ordered 8/1, production 12/5, Built 12/30, delivered 2/1
I ordered on 7/9, Build week 1/25 and then nothing!
For those who converted reservations into orders, the exact order date doesn't matter as long as it's not too late. What matters is the reservation timestamp.

Also, that's an FE. All FEs have a scheduled build week of 1/4 or earlier.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
I ordered mine from Vista Ford! Did you get the CA rebate? Did they know anything about the car? Feel like driving down there to do if they have any demos to drive.
So there was another Mach e at Vista in same color - but not a first edition - I also think it was not extended range but no sure; I saw a grabber blue being delivered - they gave me paper work for the CA rebate. Don't know if the 2 mach e were "demos."

For anyone searching - try the following link: https://www.edmunds.com/new-ford-mustang-mach-e-for-sale/. Then turn up the search range to your level of comfort.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 19 year son like most young is pretty computer / search engine savvy - he kept looking and found a First Edition Mach e at Vista Ford in Woodland Hills California - almost exactly 400 miles from where we live - So I called and got the salesman just as a "deal" for the car was falling apart - long and short - I said I would take it. We did a contract online the night of the 2nd, and we drove down yesterday and got the car. 800 mile road trip in a day (too crazy) - car is Carbonized Gray Metallic with black perforated activex interior with red stitching. AWD and extended range. Stopped three times on the way home to charge (first at a free Cal Trans Maintenance yard slow charger so cut it sort at 61%) and then at two fast charges - Electrify America - was able to load everything in the FordPass - my son was able to find an app that lets you know what kind of charges a site has - not sure if the mustang system lets you know the quality of the available charges but it is very good at letting you know where to find them. Here are a few pics - more info to come. Thanks

6B08A531-E15C-4FC3-AFEF-FA2A651FAE56.jpeg
D9FB99B7-22BF-44AA-9111-F6BFF5C5E8E4.jpeg
C20B8FD0-D1A0-4ED8-BC4D-88ACBCEE5889.jpeg
81D15844-5C45-4FDE-9959-75B061925CC1.jpeg
7C58CA6C-EDD0-4AAC-85BC-71AAE202A716.jpeg
A5082755-D7AA-4DEF-B76F-6D26FC460BC8.jpeg
88AE07E5-A7C0-4A34-8904-58D355CACD79.jpeg

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For what its worth - I was able to get Homelink to work with both garage door and neighborhood gate.

Does anyone know how to turn off the auto lock honk? Locking it right after you get out of the car seems to work. I think.

Also got notice today that my Ford Charger shipped - I had called earlier in the day and was told Ford received them on ~ 1/25 and they are have started to ship for those who ordered early.

Also the the car seems bigger than I thought it was even though I had sat one a few months ago during the Ford tours. Not a complaint - just an observation.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you happen to note the mi/kwh you were getting on that trip
Unfortunately I did not - would have been a good test with lots of freeway miles. Maybe will try Tahoe this weekend.

I.Adams

First Name
Ingo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mondeo 2.0l 145HP
Occupation
Managing Design Engineer & IWI
Country flag
Grrrrrrrrrreat! In end of April I can do it also here in Germany with my Pony!!!!
Please, post your experiences with the assistents of the car.

Greetings to your son an you from Germany!

MarcelK

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: Mazda CX5. Ordered: Mach E RWD Shadow Black with TP
Occupation
senior consultant
Country flag
The seats seemed v comfortable - I am 5' 10" but my son is 6'1" (thanks to his maternal grandfather) - and in the right front passenger seat - he felt comfortable and his left knee did not strike the right side of the display - he tried from different seat positions and he said he had no issues hitting the display.
Wondering how I as a 6'4" tall man will fit behind the wheel.
Did your son also drove the MME? Did he had enough space behind the steering wheel?

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did your son also drove the MME? Did he had enough space behind the steering wheel?
Yes he has driven the car, and he felt like he had plenty of room - he also sat in the back with his sister while my wife was in front passenger seat. Everyone said they had plenty of room. My daughter is 5’ 8” - and she felt fine. Not sure about 6’ 4 “ but the front seat goes back pretty far.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Grrrrrrrrrreat! In end of April I can do it also here in Germany with my Pony!!!!
Please, post your experiences with the assistents of the car.

Greetings to your son an you from Germany!
Thanks all the way from Germany. Have not really checked out the assistants yet. But will start and report back.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
félicitations pour ce magnifique poney et bravo au fils. Avoir un beau voyage avec
Merci. Le trajet vers la maison était super - long mais amusant. Dans l'attente de quelques autres voyages sur la route.

If this doesn't make sense its because. I used a English to French translator.

Reactions: Guy

rockatansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Infinite Blue Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
I'm 6'5" and sat in a Premium at one of the tour stops last fall. There was plenty of head room, even with the seat back fairly upright. Also, I was concerned my knees would be up against the center console/screen. Thankfully, no issue there.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Merci. Le trajet vers la maison était super - long mais amusant. Dans l'attente de quelques autres voyages sur la route.

If this doesn't make sense its because. I used a English to French translator.
The translation is perfect!
Sponsored