Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Driving on I-40 last night in the Eastern NC area and drove into one heck of a rain storm, lasted about 20 minutes. It was like being in a car wash. Thankfully, the blue bubble of happiness was operating but its a little unnerving to be forced to trust ACC alone when you can barely see the car ahead in a blinding rain storm. ACC performed like a champ until about 10 minutes into the storm when the dreaded ACC fault message appeared and I was on my own. The instrument panel reported an "obstruction" (which I assume means -- was preventing ACC from working). I finally came out on the other side of the downpour, unscathed. Then about 5 minutes later the ACC started working again. No surprise really I suppose?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Driving on I-40 last night in the Eastern NC area and drove into one heck of a rain storm, lasted about 20 minutes. It was like being in a car wash. Thankfully, the blue bubble of happiness was operating but its a little unnerving to be forced to trust ACC alone when you can barely see the car ahead in a blinding rain storm. ACC performed like a champ until about 10 minutes into the storm when the dreaded ACC fault message appeared and I was on my own. The instrument panel reported an "obstruction" (which I assume means -- was preventing ACC from working). I finally came out on the other side of the downpour, unscathed. Then about 5 minutes later the ACC started working again. No surprise really I suppose?
Bless its little Mustang heart for trying though. My Acura's ACC disables once I put the wipers into their fastest mode. I guess there's some argument for "if you can't see, then I can't see either" to be made by the car. :)

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I feel like I've seen a YouTube video that was either a Tesla or a MME and they had that happen in the rain and mentioned that all ACC on any car should not be used, nor is meant to be used, during mod rate to heavy rain. I'm kind of surprised it worked that long if the rain was that bad.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Have had the same thing happen in the rain. No as annoying a folks driving with their flashers on imo...

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Isn't that the reason it has both camera based and radar based "vision?"

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Isn't that the reason it has both camera based and radar based "vision?"
The radar can only detect distance from the car in front of you. It doesn't help with actually staying in the lane.
Sponsored