The “Not a Mustang” Crowd on Instagram

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I saw that IG post and comments last night. Haters gonna hate, but DAMN! Why are they so sensitive? Makes me worry about the car. Yo, it's just a car and I didn't name. I would have bought it if it was called the "Ford Doo Doo" because I love the car and I want to be more environmentally friendly.

I have several personalized license plates I was thinking about, but my favorite has a reference to Mustang in it. I have to seriously reconsider for all the crazies.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I saw that IG post and comments last night. Haters gonna hate, but DAMN! Why are they so sensitive? Makes me worry about the car. Yo, it's just a car and I didn't name. I would have bought it if it was called the "Ford Doo Doo" because I love the car and I want to be more environmentally friendly.

I have several personalized license plates I was thinking about, but my favorite has a reference to Mustang in it. I have to seriously reconsider for all the crazies.
Ya, I’m worried more people will be keying and scratching the Mach-E more than the Teslas. At least Tesla owners have videos they can share with the police.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The 1974 Mustang II base had 88 HP. ( Ford Mustang (second generation) - Wikipedia ) Pretty sure I've pointed that out on here before.

It also had a Charlie's Angels model - my gf owned one, new off the lot.

So, even as a Mustang fan from a very young age, I know that the name is not exactly a sacred cow. (or sacred horse I guess)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The 1974 Mustang II base had 88 HP. ( Ford Mustang (second generation) - Wikipedia ) Pretty sure I've pointed that out on here before.

It also had a Charlie's Angels model - my gf owned one, new off the lot.

So, even as a Mustang fan from a very young age, I know that the name is not exactly a sacred cow. (or sacred horse I guess)
Yeah, I've said it a few times: the Mach-E lives up to the "Mustang name" more than the mustang 2 did.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
My 73 Mach-1 had the 351 engine with Cleveland heads. It was my first "new" car. Cost a jaw dropping $4,400.00!!! So much fun.............

I have been driving electric cars since 2012. I am a convert and refuse to drive any ICE based vehicles anymore.

So I am actually glad to be getting back into a Mustang again. And it is an EV!!!

Best of both worlds!

Jim

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What those diehards fail to comprehend is that the world has to change, and Ford has to evolve or become irrelevant.
I don't think they care if the world changes (or is added to). They just don't want the Mustang so dramatically changed. I think to them, it's kind of like seeing Classic Coke changed. But they're ok if they add Mr. Pibb.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't think they care if the world changes (or is added to). They just don't want the Mustang so dramatically changed. I think to them, it's kind of like seeing Classic Coke changed. But they're ok if they add Mr. Pibb.
Right, but that's what IS happening - the MME is the "coke zero" being added to the "classic coke" formula.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Just respond to their Mustang posts with #notamache ;)

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Right, but that's what IS happening - the MME is the "coke zero" being added to the "classic coke" formula.
Yeah, right after I posted that, I realized I picked the wrong analogy. ?

OK, maybe a Rembrandt?