John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Boy, the “Not a Mustang” crowd is piling on this post.
Sponsored

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Would the "it's not a Mustang" crowd be so butthurt if they just called it a fastback instead of a SUV? Or is it because it's electric?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Would the "it's not a Mustang" crowd be so butthurt if they just called it a fastback instead of a SUV? Or is it because it's electric?
Three strikes:
  1. four doors
  2. electric (and quiet)
  3. "SUV"

What those diehards fail to comprehend is that the world has to change, and Ford has to evolve or become irrelevant.

I've been a fan of mustangs since I was 6 or 7 years old (early 70's), but I am not a fan of being obnoxiously loud and thus am very much in favor of BEVs. But, I am not a fan of it being 4 doors or calling it an "SUV", but I understand and it makes a lot of sense for Ford. Hopefully Ford comes up with a BEV coupe at some point, and then I think you'll see a lot of the diehards come around. Like with any fan base, some will never accept anything other than the V8 coupes.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
It's not about Ford building the car. Its about Ford not giving it a new name.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
That might be the reason. Yes, a high volume Mach-E is faster than anything but a limited production Mustang. Yeah, so what. They can make an electric coupe for the tire burner crowd and fix that.

Most people will want the hot hatch though.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Three strikes:
  1. four doors
  2. electric (and quiet)
  3. "SUV"

What those diehards fail to comprehend is that the world has to change, and Ford has to evolve or become irrelevant.

I've been a fan of mustangs since I was 6 or 7 years old (early 70's), but I am not a fan of being obnoxiously loud and thus am very much in favor of BEVs. But, I am not a fan of it being 4 doors or calling it an "SUV", but I understand and it makes a lot of sense for Ford. Hopefully Ford comes up with a BEV coupe at some point, and then I think you'll see a lot of the diehards come around. Like with any fan base, some will never accept anything other than the V8 coupes.
I think you have it here.
But of all the items, I believe the quiet factor is one of the biggest insults.
I really think the lack of noise is part of it. No "Vroom Vroom" in an electric car.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think you have it here.
But of all the items, I believe the quiet factor is one of the biggest insults.
I really think the lack of noise is part of it. No "Vroom Vroom" in an electric car.
For sure. My neighbor's son who was in his 40's and still living at home used to rev his camaro and truck engines as loud as he could in the driveway constantly. He would have the hood up to give the impression he was working on the car, but I swear he was just pretending he was drag racing it or something. Or trying to piss me off (didn't get along with him or the neighbor). Thankfully they moved a few years ago.
Sponsored